Author Topic: How Safe Is the Food We Eat and Serve Our Families?  (Read 641 times)

rangerrebew

How Safe Is the Food We Eat and Serve Our Families?
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:36:19 pm »
How Safe Is the Food We Eat and Serve Our Families?
Chris Iliades, MD

By Chris Iliades, MD
    Reviewed by Kelly Kennedy, RD

1 / 14   Foodborne Illnesses Affect Millions of Americans Every Year

A salmonella outbreak linked to breakfast cereal is one of the latest in a string of foodborne illnesses that affect millions of Americans every year.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal is the likely source of salmonella infections that have sickened 73 people in 31 states as of June 14. No deaths have been reported, but 24 people have been hospitalized. The Kellogg Company announced a voluntary recall of the cereal and launched an investigation after it was informed of reported illnesses by the CDC and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition-pictures/top-ten-food-contamination-culprits.aspx

Silver Pines

Re: How Safe Is the Food We Eat and Serve Our Families?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 01:46:53 pm »
“Relatively safe”

Breakfast cereal, too, now?  I bought spinach leaves for salad yesterday.  Hope I don’t die.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 04:16:21 pm »
“Relatively safe”

Breakfast cereal, too, now?  I bought spinach leaves for salad yesterday.  Hope I don’t die.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are going to die.

Life is a fatal disease.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 08:28:06 pm »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are going to die.

Life is a fatal disease.

@thackney

Lol, can’t argue with that.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:27:19 pm »
It's funny, when I was a kid we took sack lunches to school that were made before school started and were sitting at room temperature, then we took them to school where they sat at room temp or higher for hours before we ate them and no one got sick. We went on field trips where those same sack lunches sat in the hot luggage bin of the bus forhours and no one got sick. I distinctly recall holidays where we had the main meal at noon and then ate off the table all  afternoon and no one died.

Now if we don't immediately refrigerate our food after a meal we are all gonna die. Because decades ago Jack in the Box had horrible practices and some people died now the only kind of hamburgers we can get from the chains are cooked into shoe leather, or WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!