Author Topic: Clinton Donor and Obama Ambassador Indicted on $10 Billion Fraud  (Read 561 times)

rangerrebew

Clinton Donor and Obama Ambassador Indicted on $10 Billion Fraud

By Matt | Contributor | June 18, 2018 12:44PM

Everything looked so promising for Elizabeth Holmes. At age 19 she dropped out of the prestigious Stanford University to start her own company, Theranos.

Her goal was odd for a nineteen-year-old – revolutionizing the diagnostics industry (blood testing). Holmes raised hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of her business career, initially setting out to create a technology that could run comprehensive blood tests from a single pr*ck of blood. In sum, that would render traditional blood testing inefficient and pointless. Based on that promise, investors handed her cash by the truckload, at one point pushing the companies implied valuation above $10 billion.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/clinton-donor-charged-fraud/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_breaking_newsletter_6_18_2018&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Clinton Donor and Obama Ambassador Indicted on $10 Billion Fraud
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 12:06:09 pm »
She won't spend a single day in jail.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:20:35 pm »
... a technology that could run comprehensive blood tests from a single bleep of blood. ...
Wow, the profanity meter here is really strict! The word starts with a p and rhymes with hick. Perhaps the writer should have said "drop."  :laugh:

Best part of the story:
Due to her perceived accomplishments, former President Obama would name her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship.
Just like getting a Nobel Prize for perceived potential accomplishments, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 12:59:25 pm »
Wow, the profanity meter here is really strict! The word starts with a p and rhymes with hick. Perhaps the writer should have said "drop."  :laugh:

Best part of the story: Just like getting a Nobel Prize for perceived potential accomplishments, I guess.

@mountaineer

Thanks for the explanation. I wondered about it for a minute,and figured it was just a misspelling or typo.

I guess this would make a gaggle of pricks a gaggle of bleeps?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!