Author Topic: DHS Secretary Press Conference Jun 18, 2018 On Immigration  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DHS Secretary Press Conference Jun 18, 2018 On Immigration
« on: June 19, 2018, 12:38:51 am »
DHS Secretary Press Conference Jun 18, 2018 On Immigration
WhiteHouse.gov, YouTube

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1exA8ik5QI&app=desktop

Re: DHS Secretary Press Conference Jun 18, 2018 On Immigration
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 12:40:08 am »
This is worth watching ... she's setting the record straight ... media is still not believing it.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:43:55 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:51:19 am »

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:09 am »
Watch–DHS Sec Nielsen: ‘Vast, Vast Majority’ of Child Border Crossers ‘Were Sent Here Alone by Their Parents’
Breitbart, Jun 18, 2018, John Binder

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen corrected the establishment media’s false narrative that all children inundating the United States-Mexico border are arriving with their parents.

During a White House news conference on Monday evening, Nielsen debunked the media’s false claims that conflate all child border crossers as being taken from their border crossing parents.

Nielsen said that the “vast, vast majority” of the 12,000 child border crossers in federal custody were actually sent to the southern border alone with human smugglers.

REPORTER: …How is this not specifically child abuse for these innocent children who are indeed being separated from their parents? [Emphasis added]

NIELSEN: So I want to be clear on a couple of other things. The vast majority, vast vast majority of children who are in the care of HHS right now — 10,000 of the 12,000 — were sent here alone by their parents. That’s when they were separated. So somehow we’ve conflated everything. But there’s two separate issues. 10,000 of those currently in custody were sent by their parents with strangers undertake a completely dangerous and deadly travel alone. We now care for them. We have high standards. We give them meals, we give them education, we give them medical care. There’s videos, there’s TVs, I visited the detention centers myself. That would be my answer to that question. [Emphasis added]

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/18/http-www-breitbart-com-big-government-2018-06-18-dhs-secretary-kirstjen-nielsen-challenges-cowardly-congress-for-failure-on-immigration-laws/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:09 am »
This was very impressive.  Who could ask for more than abiding by the law?  She effectively delivered the truth and the press continued to try and push the agenda.  Truth being that 10,000 of the 12,000 children were sent on a dangerous journey putting their lives at risk.  I want to thank the DHS Secretary for her commitment to this country and its laws.

Thank you.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 02:25:19 am »
This was very impressive.  Who could ask for more than abiding by the law?  She effectively delivered the truth and the press continued to try and push the agenda.  Truth being that 10,000 of the 12,000 children were sent on a dangerous journey putting their lives at risk.  I want to thank the DHS Secretary for her commitment to this country and its laws.

Thank you.

This was one of the first times I heard her speak and take questions ... I think she was impressive, too @Chosen Daughter

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:08:13 am »
This was one of the first times I heard her speak and take questions ... I think she was impressive, too @Chosen Daughter

Wouldn't the democrats just kill to have a person in their party who was that impressive and knowledgeable ... I bet they would.  Thanks for posting this.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 03:17:14 am »
Wouldn't the democrats just kill to have a person in their party who was that impressive and knowledgeable ... I bet they would.   

But then, they wouldn't be a Democrat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 03:25:23 am »

Hey, I like agreeing with you on this one.  I am a person that believes in the laws of this country.  I believe we have laws for the good of our citizens.  In this case it is even for the good of these children.  The left is pushing a campaign of emotions.  We cannot govern on emotions.  Of course a child cries.  That is what children do.  I bet they did some crying also when they were with strangers in the desert.  As the Secretary said.  They are being cared for.  They have medical care.  Food, water, clean clothes and entertainment.  Thankfully they fell into the hands of our professionals who treat them with professionalism and respect rather than drug cartel or child traffickers.  We should be thanking all the law enforcement that does this dangerous job.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 03:26:40 am »
But then, they wouldn't be a Democrat.

True.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 03:33:41 am »
Well....Well...Well!

The truth behind this photo of an ‘immigrant child’ crying inside a cage
http://wgntv.com/2018/06/18/the-truth-behind-this-photo-of-an-immigrant-child-crying-inside-a-cage/

A photo of a little boy crying in a cage is being shared on social media as seemingly another heart-rending byproduct of the White House’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which separates undocumented parents and kids at the border.

There’s only one problem: The picture is being completely taken out of context — and does not show what it is purported to show.

In other words...."THEY LIED THEIR F'ING ASSES OFF!"

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 03:43:19 am »
Well....Well...Well!

The truth behind this photo of an ‘immigrant child’ crying inside a cage
http://wgntv.com/2018/06/18/the-truth-behind-this-photo-of-an-immigrant-child-crying-inside-a-cage/

A photo of a little boy crying in a cage is being shared on social media as seemingly another heart-rending byproduct of the White House’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which separates undocumented parents and kids at the border.

There’s only one problem: The picture is being completely taken out of context — and does not show what it is purported to show.

In other words...."THEY LIED THEIR F'ING ASSES OFF!"

****sheep****

Online dfwgator

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 04:04:46 am »
But wait....There's more!

From 2016
Obama administration placed children with human traffickers, report says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/obama-administration-placed-children-with-human-traffickers-report-says/2016/01/28/39465050-c542-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5daae4f7cbeb

Where was the news about this?  I don't remember it.  Surely Laura would have had something to say about this. 

Online dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 04:05:41 am »
The Truth is slowly coming out and Trump is going to be 100% Vindicated.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 04:11:40 am »

About this DHS Sec being hot for a middle aged woman? You bet.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 04:12:56 am »

And even more importantly the rule of law.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 04:15:38 am »
About this DHS Sec being hot for a middle aged woman? You bet.

I know its difficult Frank but try to focus on the issue.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 04:23:44 am »
I know its difficult Frank but try to focus on the issue.

I am well past focusing on immigration. If anyone thinks the spineless GOP congress is going to take charge of this issue once and for all and deal with it is crazy. In the meantime I am going to focus on the pretty lady saying fun words.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 11:30:02 am »
BTTT

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 02:10:32 pm »
In the meantime I am going to focus on the pretty lady saying fun words.

Probably a good idea, since the driving force behind the idea is a sallow faced 32 year old who looks 60 and comes off as detestable when he speaks.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.