Author Topic: With No Guarantee Of A Wall, Trump Officials Quietly Plan Fresh Immigration Crackdowns  (Read 493 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Matt Vespa
June 18, 2018

The immigration bills that are being mulled this week are not expected to pass. Both bills are not what hardliners on immigrant want at all, though the Trump White House says they back both pieces of legislation. The Goodlatte Bill, named after House Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), and the GOP leadership compromise bill, Border Security and Immigration Reform Act; both offer protection to DACA recipients.     

Yet, Goodlatte’s legislation, also known as the Securing America’s Future Act, offers no pathways to citizenship, just a three-year renewable protection program. The leadership bill offers 1.8 million illegal aliens legal status for six years. On the sixth year, a new green card process for this pool of illegals. Goodlatte’s bill has no green card avenue. The differences can be read here.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/06/18/with-no-guarantee-of-a-wall-trump-officials-quietly-plan-fresh-immigration-crackdowns-n2492012

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"Provide for expedited processing and review of asylum cases, so that—within 14 days—those who meet the legal standards will be granted asylum, and those who do not will be immediately returned to their home countries."

Despite Congress, looks like the President is taking a pretty fair grab on the Bull's Horns here.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
"Provide for expedited processing and review of asylum cases, so that—within 14 days—those who meet the legal standards will be granted asylum, and those who do not will be immediately returned to their home countries."

Despite Congress, looks like the President is taking a pretty fair grab on the Bull's Horns here.

Yes, more than our past presidents.  I am waiting to see what comes of the immigration legislation.  The illegal migrants should not make it here in the first place.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Yes, more than our past presidents.  I am waiting to see what comes of the immigration legislation.  The illegal migrants should not make it here in the first place.

There's only one thing you can do when you've got the wolf by the ears.

You eat the wolf up one bite at a time, starting with his nose.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fantom

:beer:  Yep.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass