Author Topic: Trump: US will not become a 'migrant camp'  (Read 1976 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: US will not become a 'migrant camp'
« on: June 18, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »
by Gabby Morrongiello
 | June 18, 2018 12:46 PM

President Trump said Monday that the U.S. will not become "a migrant camp," as his administration continues to face backlash over a zero tolerance immigration policy that has caused thousands of children to be separated from their parents at the southwest border.

"The United States will not become a migrant camp and it will not be a refugee holding facility. Won't be," the president told White House aides at an event on space policy. "You look at what's happening in Europe, you look at what's happening in other places. We can't allow that to happen in the United States."

"Not on my watch," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-us-will-not-become-a-migrant-camp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump: US will not become a 'migrant camp'
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 05:13:40 pm »
Stay Strong, Mr. President. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:15:29 pm »
by Gabby Morrongiello
 | June 18, 2018 12:46 PM

President Trump said Monday that the U.S. will not become "a migrant camp," as his administration continues to face backlash over a zero tolerance immigration policy that has caused thousands of children to be separated from their parents at the southwest border.

"The United States will not become a migrant camp and it will not be a refugee holding facility. Won't be," the president told White House aides at an event on space policy. "You look at what's happening in Europe, you look at what's happening in other places. We can't allow that to happen in the United States."

"Not on my watch," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-us-will-not-become-a-migrant-camp

Indeed.  I hope he sticks to his guns on this issue.  This is equally as important as a wall.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:16:24 pm »
Indeed.  I hope he sticks to his guns on this issue.  This is equally as important as a wall.

I dare say it's even more important than the wall, it's about making it clear that if you try to come over, you will not make it, so don't even try and risk the lives of you and your family in the process.   That's Compassion!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:17:46 pm by dfwgator »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »
I like it.  Good imagery using "migrant camp"  hearkens to homeless camps.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 05:41:12 pm »
Chris Hayes @chrislhayes
4 hours ago

Currently, the Trump administration is arguing that its family-separation policy:

- is a deterrent

- is biblically compliant

- is the Democrats' fault

- does not exist.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 05:42:16 pm »
I like it.  Good imagery using "migrant camp"  hearkens to homeless camps.

Homeless camp in SF. Cleaning up syringes and trash.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 05:44:03 pm »
Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse
18 minutes ago

"Look, we can either rip families apart at the border, house kids in work camps and shoot the adults into the sun, or we can have no borders at all, dissolve our government entirely and turn America into a lawless 'Mad Max' apocalyptic wasteland. Has to be one or the other."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 05:48:52 pm »
I dare say it's even more important than the wall, it's about making it clear that if you try to come over, you will not make it, so don't even try and risk the lives of you and your family in the process.   That's Compassion!

Truth. And hopefully people are finally sick of having their heartstrings yanked on for what obviously are political purposes. The left has made way too much progress taking advantage of this nation’s inherent compassion.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:29 pm »
Senator Joe Manchin @Sen_JoeManchin

I'm wholeheartedly opposed to any policy that allows innocent children to be separated from their parents. I'm signing onto the Keep Families Together Act but I'm actively working with my Republican colleagues to find solutions to the issues that aren't addressed in the bill.

The percent of democrats and republicans who support a bill to end child separation.  Democrat: 100% Republican: 0%

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 05:53:38 pm »
Up Yours Joe M.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 05:57:55 pm »
Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse
18 minutes ago

"Look, we can either rip families apart at the border, house kids in work camps and shoot the adults into the sun, or we can have no borders at all, dissolve our government entirely and turn America into a lawless 'Mad Max' apocalyptic wasteland. Has to be one or the other."

Who is Kevin Kruse? There are a few, I think this one is probably the Princeton professor:

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse

Tweeting MSNBC's Chris Hayes? This is posting liberal stuff. Fair enough.

Maybe I should tweet, we can all get on our knees and wave the white flag and kiss America as we know it goodbye and let everyone else, become another 3rd world nation in the Western hemisphere.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 06:07:30 pm »
Truth. And hopefully people are finally sick of having their heartstrings yanked on for what obviously are political purposes. The left has made way too much progress taking advantage of this nation’s inherent compassion.

Why is it compassionate for would-be illegal entrants to drag their children to an illegal entry point?

Why aren't the bleeding hearts focusing on the real issue here?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 06:09:03 pm »
Why is it compassionate for would-be illegal entrants to drag their children to an illegal entry point?

Why do the shithole countries get a pass? 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 06:10:09 pm »

Bleeding heart liberal compassion knows no bounds where illegals are concerned.

Where American citizens are concerned not so much.

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 06:14:43 pm »
Who is Kevin Kruse? There are a few, I think this one is probably the Princeton professor:

Maybe I should tweet, we can all get on our knees and wave the white flag and kiss America as we know it goodbye and let everyone else, become another 3rd world nation in the Western hemisphere.

I don't care who the author is...I'm only crediting the author because they were not my words.

If the author is a lightweight commentator like Hayes you should be able to rip the message apart, but everything he wrote in the tweet is factual.

Someday you'll venture out beyond TBR and be confronted by the majority of voters that did not vote for Trump.  Think of it as exercise for that day.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 06:17:11 pm »
Up Yours Joe M.

Joe missed the obvious solution: don't drag along your children into a dangerous situation and then cry when you are separated from them.

By the way, I saw pictures of the childrens' holding area.  Very nice.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 06:23:05 pm »
I don't care who the author is...I'm only crediting the author because they were not my words.

If the author is a lightweight commentator like Hayes you should be able to rip the message apart, but everything he wrote in the tweet is factual.

Someday you'll venture out beyond TBR and be confronted by the majority of voters that did not vote for Trump.  Think of it as exercise for that day.

@Once-Ler   You are the one who needs to venture beyond the confines of TBR into the real world where most people don't want to become Germany.

The sad and scary thing about this issue is that most people misunderstand it completely but that the left has latched onto it way too successfully as another way to target Trump.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 06:25:51 pm »
@Once-Ler   You are the one who needs to venture beyond the confines of TBR into the real world where most people don't want to become Germany.

The sad and scary thing about this issue is that most people misunderstand it completely but that the left has latched onto it way too successfully as another way to target Trump.

Reminds me of a few years ago when the media showed the pic of the dead kid on the beach in Greece.  Nevermind the fact, the father and the boy were living quite well in Turkey for the previous three years.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 06:37:15 pm »

Tommy. Didn't you get the memo? We are supposed to coddle open Democrat agitators here. Not call them out for the Democrat agitators they are. I'm told it's rude to do so.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 06:41:48 pm »
   I like this tirade from President 'I'll sign anything' Trump, let's see if he stick to his guns tomorrow when he meets up with the House. 
   I'm not overly optimistic.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »

No, everything he wrote in the tweet is worse case scenario hyperbolic idiocy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 06:51:42 pm »
Senator Joe Manchin @Sen_JoeManchin

I'm wholeheartedly opposed to any policy that allows innocent children to be separated from their parents. I'm signing onto the Keep Families Together Act but I'm actively working with my Republican colleagues to find solutions to the issues that aren't addressed in the bill.

The percent of democrats and republicans who support a bill to end child separation.  Democrat: 100% Republican: 0%

We will soon find out what the people of West Virginia think of that move.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 06:58:15 pm »
We will soon find out what the people of West Virginia think of that move.

Manchin is the biggest weasel in Congress, and that's saying something.