Author Topic: Massive Genetic Study Reveals 90 Percent Of Earth’s Animals Appeared At The Same Time  (Read 1237 times)

rangerrebew

Massive Genetic Study Reveals 90 Percent Of Earth’s Animals Appeared At The Same Time
30 May 2018, 7:01 am EDT By Nicole Arce Tech Times

Landmark new research that involves analyzing millions of DNA barcodes has debunked much about what we know today about the evolution of species.

In a massive genetic study, senior research associate at the Program for the Human Environment at Rockefeller University Mark Stoeckle and University of Basel geneticist David Thaler discovered that virtually 90 percent of all animals on Earth appeared at right around the same time.

More specifically, they found out that 9 out of 10 animal species on the planet came to being at the same time as humans did some 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/228798/20180530/massive-genetic-study-reveals-90-percent-of-earth-s-animals-appeared-at-the-same-time.htm
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:42:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
More proof of creation! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

More proof of creation!

Does that mean Trump is a lot older than he says he is?   :pondering:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Isn't evolution amazing
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course they did.  Most surviving life today occurred after a massive die off.

From the article (it's short and not hard to read):  "As to how that could have happened, it's unclear. A likely possibility is the occurrence of a sudden event that caused large-scale environmental trauma and wiped out majority of the Earth's species."

Offline Joe Wooten

Wasn't that about the time when the Toba volcano exploded?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"This conclusion is very surprising," says Thaler, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

Such times give rise to sweeping genetic changes across the planet, causing new species to appear. However, the last time such an occurrence took place was 65 million years ago, when an asteroid hit the Earth and killed off the dinosaurs and half of all other species on the planet.

Well apparently that wasn't so obvious to the above scientist, who fought it because it challenged the very core of his scientific belief.

It would also mean that the enviros are highly overreacting to the supposed mass extinction humans are causing.

The intellectual contradictions in this article are glaring.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wasn't that about the time when the Toba volcano exploded?

Toba was ~76k ago. 

Oceander

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

:bigsilly:
Once again, your pure scientific response exemplifies you.

I do hope you have more in your armory than just the wine talking.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Once again, your pure scientific response exemplifies you.

I do hope you have more in your armory than just the wine talking.

Don’t be such an idiot. 

Don’t be such an idiot.
Coming from someone who does nothing but comical endeavors?

Please, be the idiot you profess to be.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

Coming from someone who does nothing but comical endeavors?

Please, be the idiot you profess to be.

I may be an idiot, but I am as Solomon when compared to someone who believes in creationism.

I may be an idiot, but I am as Solomon when compared to someone who believes in creationism.
I wish you well when the times comes to explain that position.  Might be amusing to watch.

Oceander

I wish you well when the times comes to explain that position.  Might be amusing to watch.

I don’t think I need to worry about relying on the evidence of my senses, and rational deduction, when it comes to it.  Those who have turned a willfully blind eye to the world as God has actually created it in favor of a false narrative about that creation that can only be reconciled with the evidence if one postulates that God is a liar are the ones who will need luck when it comes to explaining their failures on judgment day. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:24:12 pm by Oceander »