Author Topic: North Korea state media says Trump agreed to lift sanctions against North  (Read 1006 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Interesting spin by their State run propaganda machine....

North Korean state media said on Wednesday U.S. President Donald Trump had agreed to lift sanctions against the North in addition to providing security guarantees in the summit with the North’s leader, Kim Jong Un, the previous day.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-sanctions/north-korea-state-media-says-trump-agreed-to-lift-sanctions-against-north-idUSKBN1J9022

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:29:57 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Really?  The North Korean State media.   **nononono*

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Mar-a-Lago NK waits for them if they play ball.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Sure they did.   We're angry at Trump for making nice with Kim because the NKs always lie.

Then when NK says something that makes Trump look bad we (well not we, but the NTs and leftists) agree with NK and shout "See I told you so!"
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Mar-a-Lago NK waits for them if they play ball.

I can see gold courses but the beach resorts will be kinda cold.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sure they did.   We're angry at Trump for making nice with Kim because the NKs always lie.

Then when NK says something that makes Trump look bad we (well not we, but the NTs and leftists) agree with NK and shout "See I told you so!"

Actually, you just made my point. They lie, they always lie, they have played this game over and over, this time though we were the suckers who fell for it.

They obviously are lying about sanctions just like they are lying about dismantling and all their other promises.

Offline driftdiver

Actually, you just made my point. They lie, they always lie, they have played this game over and over, this time though we were the suckers who fell for it.

They obviously are lying about sanctions just like they are lying about dismantling and all their other promises.

@AbaraXas
Its not about whether they lie.  Its about whether they disarm.  Now I know its been a whole week but these things do take time to iron out all of the details.

Offline Concerned

I think many of us agree with you that the North Koreans "always lie", which is why I'm extremely skeptical of anything they say or promise; however, the President of the United States says he "trusts" Kim.  I'm not sure it's wise to "trust" someone who "always lies".
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

That was always a possibility. Or likelihood, even.

Meaning this thing will have to go to the next step. It may be useful to have the image of Kim signing those documents in front of the entire world.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:48:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline driftdiver

I think many of us agree with you that the North Koreans "always lie", which is why I'm extremely skeptical of anything they say or promise; however, the President of the United States says he "trusts" Kim.  I'm not sure it's wise to "trust" someone who "always lies".

@Concerned
Perhaps he trusts that whatever Kim says can't be trusted.   Seriously, Trump is a sales and marketing guy.  He sells real estate and reality TV.    He's making nice by saying whatever he thinks Kim wants to hear with the hope that it will help complete the deal and NK will disarm.

Offline RoosGirl

Well he couldn't say "Trust, but verify" now could he?

Offline driftdiver

It wouldn't matter what he said.   The exact same people would still bitch and moan

Offline skeeter

YOU try to pronounce 신뢰하지만 확인.

Offline Concerned

@Concerned
Perhaps he trusts that whatever Kim says can't be trusted.   Seriously, Trump is a sales and marketing guy.  He sells real estate and reality TV.    He's making nice by saying whatever he thinks Kim wants to hear with the hope that it will help complete the deal and NK will disarm.

So it's obvious to the world (including Kim) that Trump is in sales and marketing mode and is lying to him.   That's brilliant!   *****rollingeyes***** 

"Complete the deal and NK will disarm"?  Trump says that "there is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."  All he needed was a "Mission Accomplished" sign behind him when he tweeted that.   *****rollingeyes*****   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

It wouldn't matter what he said.   The exact same people would still bitch and moan

The funny part, to me, is that you let it annoy you.

Offline RoosGirl

With or without my southern accent?

Offline skeeter

With or without my southern accent?

With one or both hands raised.

Offline driftdiver

ok

sinloehajiman hwag-in

Phonetically

shin loe ha ji man  hwak in  although I think 검증 is more appropriate for 확인  but my korean isn't that good.

Learning korean is how I met college girls in Korea.  amazing what you can do with the right motivation

Offline skeeter

ok

sinloehajiman hwag-in

Phonetically

shin loe ha ji man  hwak in  although I think 검증 is more appropriate for 확인  but my korean isn't that good.

Learning korean is how I met college girls in Korea.  amazing what you can do with the right motivation

You deserve props for learning enough logograms to understand the written language.  Two years in grad school and I mastered about 100 Japanese ones. Considering you need to know about 5k characters to even attempt to read a newspaper thats not enough to read a first grade level primer.

Offline endicom

Many a tear has to fall,
but it's all... in the game
All in the wonderful game
that we know... as covfefe
You had words with him,
and your future's looking dim
but these things your heart can rise above.
Once in a while he won't call,
but it's all... in the game.
Soon he'll be there at your side
with a sweet, bouquet.

Offline driftdiver

You deserve props for learning enough logograms to understand the written language.  Two years in grad school and I mastered about 100 Japanese ones. Considering you need to know about 5k characters to even attempt to read a newspaper thats not enough to read a first grade level primer.

@skeeter
The koreans have an alphabet that was created by a King about 400 years ago.  He did this as a fix to the difficulty people had in learning the Chinese style written language which existed before.  You still see Chinese characters occasionally especially in historical documents.

The alphabet has 28 characters and if you know them then you can sound out most words, at least come close.   My greatest difficulty was sentence structure.  They reverse the nouns and verbs from English.  They also use different language based on the social status of the speak and listener.  So the same root word but the ending can have about 5 variations.

It helped a great deal when i got lost in Seoul looking for a Customs House.  My language skills suck but a pretty girl is amazing motivation.  Also met some really cool people who just wanted to practice their english.   

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Interesting spin by their State run propaganda machine....

That ain't bad....

Revolutions happen when people begin to have hope, not when they are hopeless.  If Kim is making promises to his people about sanctions being lifted, then he's going to have problems if that doesn't happen.

So that means he either is going to follow through on his promises to disarm, or he's going to have some very disappointed people.  Either result is good for us, and that's exactly where you want to be in negotiations like this.  Trump announcing that there is an agreement -- without (unlike his predecessors) having given up anything of substance -- actually has the effect of putting Kim in an awkward position.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:27:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

QFT