Author Topic: Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’  (Read 19789 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
At the end of the day what's really sad is that Laura Bush and the open borders folks here in TBR don't give a crap if these kids are with actual family members or human smugglers/sex traffickers.

Because if they truly cared about "the children" they'd want the pervs and the skin peddlers separated from these kids to protect them.

See INS in part wanted the separation so they would be able to determine in an isolated area AWAY from the "relative" if it was really a relative or if it was someone who's kidnapped them from their real family.

But hey I guess the real health and welfare if these kids doesn't matter as long as you're projecting the right political optics in an election year.

:amen:  That is what was going on with Obama.  He was allowing the children to go with people who hadn't even been established as parents.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Once-Ler
We're not importing workers.  We are failing to lock the door.  Regardless, illegal immigration costs American taxpayers $135 billion a year in govt benefits and includes everything from welfare, food stamps, to medical care.

If you don't think they are dilluting our country and culture then I invite you to visit my area.  Where entire towns have transitioned from small farming communities to areas where Spanish is the predominate language and all the business have signs in spanish.

Yep.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The Onion for years had a great formula - everything they did was really hilarious stuff - but I guess it was just a matter of time before they went all SNL on us and delved into political partisanship.
Yeah...you must be a big fan.

Tell me the percentage of illegals locked up in Wisconsin, please, and we'll talk.
FYI, they are not locked up for being here illegally.

You first genius with all the BS facts.

Yes, my people has immigrated long before yours did, and they did come legally.  Which, by definition, means there were laws governing immigration.

If your ancestors emigrated long before my great grand parents then there were no laws governing them and you failed to read my post.  I feel like I'm wasting my time here.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Right now, some of the refugee camps are probably a lot better than where these people are coming from, especially the ones on the road.

Consider also, how low the human traffickers are, there may be rape (rape trees, the scary terminology even the Washington Post has commented on: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/post/rape-trees-rosaries-and-english-only-why-the-supreme-court-wont-quell-the-immigration-debate/2012/04/25/gIQArUXPhT_blog.html ), organized crime...... and who knows what else coming across the border.

Maybe some tough love is actually need or whatever is the proper term because I think we can tell, if one makes accommodations, more will come.

We have Americans to worry about first, this was said so as much during the Obama administration by people who have been hard hit in America.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/05/in-south-texas-ranchers-increasingly-fearful-of-immigration

Illegal immigration incentivizes all kinds of suffering, drugs, criminals on the run and so on. It's enough of a problem to apprehend these people.

Within reason, we can take humane steps.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:24:59 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

The point was made by someone else in one of the other threads, if people are so serious about revering life,  stand up for the pro-life movement as our wonderful president has done. If one has not clamored as much about this, one can wonder on one's sincerity.

Right now, some of the refugee camps are probably a lot better than where these people are coming from, especially the ones on the road.

Yes.  If I lived in Mexico I would send my children to America and guarantee they could be fed.  Why does anybody think this will slow down?

Offline TomSea

Yes.  If I lived in Mexico I would send my children to America and guarantee they could be fed.  Why does anybody think this will slow down?

And, organized crime benefits from human trafficking, strict border security could help prevent some of that along with interdiction of drug smuggling.  Yes, border security would slow it down.

I am not sure we are the only ones with such a border but we probably have the longest border of being an industrialized nation with a so-called Underdeveloped country.

Offline TomSea

Clearly, we can't stop drugs, all drugs from coming in..... but most people don't want us to just do nothing about it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If your ancestors emigrated long before my great grand parents then there were no laws governing them and you failed to read my post.  I feel like I'm wasting my time here.

@Once-Ler

We are talking about the here and now,dummy! Try to keep up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GrouchoTex

You first genius with all the BS facts.

I guess you didn't bother to read my next post, where I put the statistic from the Texas Department of Public Safety.

I used to think like you, just give these poor people a chance.
I thought, "We're in the land of plenty, surely the christian thing to do would be to help my poor brother in his time of need".
Once, this may have been true, but not anymore.
Sorry, it's just the way it is today.

Ask yourself, if these people are seeking asylum, why aren't they going through the legal ports of entry to do so?
These people aren't going across a bridge to Brownsville, Laredo, or El Paso, and asking the authorities to grant them asylum.

No they are clearly avoiding these place, and crossing where it is illegal to do so, hence the words "illegal entry"..

Then they get caught.
That is the first time these "refugees" even utter the word "asylum".
If they didn't get caught, you'd never hear it.

These are the people having "their kids" separated from them, not those that go to a legal port of entry and seek asylum.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is by design, and well rehearsed the illegals.

You say I'm full of BS facts, then let's just put this as an open question to all the Briefers here who live in border states.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We're a nation of dunces.

We are trillions upon trillions in debt.  Our government is cancerously corrupt and borrowing with debt to pay debt to keep operations running.

We have open borders to a welfare state because that same government is intent on replacing the existing citizenry with third-world serfs and we are facilitating our own invasion by barbarians because we emote and no longer think.

Europe has already committed suicide and the fruits are self-evident every single day, while we are right behind them doubling down on stupidity.

It's a national security crisis.  Trump should close the border, and end all immigration until a new system can be put in place.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

We are trillions upon trillions in debt.  Our government is cancerously corrupt and borrowing with debt to pay debt to keep operations running.

We have open borders to a welfare state because that same government is intent on replacing the existing citizenry with third-world serfs and we are facilitating our own invasion by barbarians because we emote and no longer think.

Europe has already committed suicide and the fruits are self-evident every single day, while we are right behind them doubling down on stupidity.

It's a national security crisis.  Trump should close the border, and end all immigration until a new system can be put in place.

This the only prudent, and, frankly, fair thing to do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's a national security crisis.

This is something that needs to be repeated too.

If you had an illegal from Guatemala and a Daesh terrorist from Afghanistan rounded up in the same raid and they're all wearing the same clothing...there is absolutely no way to tell them apart.  The terrorists are using our porous Southers border to infiltrate the country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Well put.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

If you had an illegal from Guatemala and a Daesh terrorist from Afghanistan rounded up in the same raid and they're all wearing the same clothing...there is absolutely no way to tell them apart.  The terrorists are using our porous Southers border to infiltrate the country.

Exactly.  I was waiting on our resident Leftist to get bent out of shape for suggesting that this is a national security crisis.  But you already hit him with that salient fact that justifies such a declaration.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

This kind of thing happens more than people realize.

Here's a link to the latest incident:

www.breitbart.com/.../05/17/pakistani-man-caught-texas-border-lied-fbi

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This kind of thing happens more than people realize.

Here's a link to the latest incident:

www.breitbart.com/.../05/17/pakistani-man-caught-texas-border-lied-fbi

Add to that the fact that we already know...that Daesh is not above using children...including special needs kids as unwitting suicide bombers...and the separation policy makes sense.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Interesting.  You only respond to 1/2 of my post and then complain that you're wasting your time.   :shrug:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So you would encourage your children to become criminals.

Great role model you provide.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

You are.  Perhaps you would be better off at democraticunderground.com.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Legally, he can't -- it would be tossed out by a judge immediately. 

The truth is that he's basically the only reason we don't have effectively open borders right now.  So like him or not, he's the only horse left to be backed on immigration.  We have to try to communicate with waffling Congressional Republicans, and try to get them to hold firm.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So you would encourage your children to become criminals.

Great role model you provide.
These people are criminals when they come in and remain criminals all the time they are here. This attitude of some that the only law they broke was crossing our border without permission is just asinine. Go into any welfare office in California and see who sits in the majority of seats. The illegals come here and the majority of them leach off American taxpayers, they pop out anchor after anchor because then they can get more money every month. They are schooled by democrats before they even get here on how to work the system and then are walked through it by our government employees, we feed them, clothe them, house them, and give them medical all for free and all at higher levels than we give our own American citizens. I don't know how many times some liberal fool has told me, usually when I make a complaint about an illegal running an illegal unregulated business putting Americans at risk, that they are just trying to make an honest living. How is it making an honest living violating multiple laws? they work under the table and pay no taxes, they file false tax returns and receive cash from those returns far in excess of what an honest American receives.

They have taken over the fast food industry, and to an extent I don't blame them for that because it's the American teens parents and peers that vilified those entry level positions, but now even if a teen wants to work those jobs they are made to feel so uncomfortable, outsiders, because they don't speak the language of those around them only the the language of their country.

Every industry which employed unskilled or semi skilled employees has been affected by illegal immigration, and not just because of the liberals straw man of low wages. The construction industry has been hard hit in the same manner that started with fast food, and I do know this for a fact because I worked for many years in both, so unless you have the same experience please don't tell me how I'm wrong. My Son in Law runs large construction projects for a major Contractor here in California and sees the same damn thing.

Immigration is not only good for America, it is important, BUT uncontrolled immigration through uncontrolled borders is very very bad for America. And just because every Tom, Dick or Harry from south of our border believes they have the right to enter America any time they want and tap into the wallets of American taxpayers doesn't make it so!

I have told the story before, my parents had to wait for years in war torn Hungary, decimated by the Germans, Americans and even more so by the Russians to come to America. Even then my Dad kept his sense of humor, when the immigration judge asked him why he wanted to go to America he replied " Well Sir, every time I have been on the losing side, for once I want to be on the winning side", the judge smiled and approved my parents. My parents were required to have a financially responsible sponsor before they could immigrate, once here they were required to sign a contract that they would neither seek or accept any government aid. After five years they were American Citizens, read and spoke English the language of their new home, after ten they owned their home outright, they had four children whose births they paid for, not the taxpayer.

Here is the difference with the majority of the illegals coming here, they don't come to be Americans, they continue to give their allegiance to their  country of birth as do their children. They from day one are reliant on the taxpayer to support them and their families and continue to milk the taxpayer. They do not want to assimilate, and they are not alone in this, it what the democrats want, the Mexicans and Central Americans don't have to assimilate, we bend over backwards to have everything in their language. The Somalians, Haitians, whatever refuse to assimilate they demand that we become subordinate to their cultures.

Having people of a like background and culture living together is nothing new, German towns, China Towns, Little Italy's and others have always been, the difference is that in the past those people took pride in their culture but wanted very much to be Americans and assimilate and more so for their children to grow up as Americans. Today with the Hispanics and Muslims? NO!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
These people are criminals when they come in and remain criminals all the time they are here. This attitude of some that the only law they broke was crossing our border without permission is just asinine. Go into any welfare office in California and see who sits in the majority of seats. The illegals come here and the majority of them leach off American taxpayers, they pop out anchor after anchor because then they can get more money every month. They are schooled by democrats before they even get here on how to work the system and then are walked through it by our government employees, we feed them, clothe them, house them, and give them medical all for free and all at higher levels than we give our own American citizens. I don't know how many times some liberal fool has told me, usually when I make a complaint about an illegal running an illegal unregulated business putting Americans at risk, that they are just trying to make an honest living. How is it making an honest living violating multiple laws? they work under the table and pay no taxes, they file false tax returns and receive cash from those returns far in excess of what an honest American receives.

They have taken over the fast food industry, and to an extent I don't blame them for that because it's the American teens parents and peers that vilified those entry level positions, but now even if a teen wants to work those jobs they are made to feel so uncomfortable, outsiders, because they don't speak the language of those around them only the the language of their country.

Every industry which employed unskilled or semi skilled employees has been affected by illegal immigration, and not just because of the liberals straw man of low wages. The construction industry has been hard hit in the same manner that started with fast food, and I do know this for a fact because I worked for many years in both, so unless you have the same experience please don't tell me how I'm wrong. My Son in Law runs large construction projects for a major Contractor here in California and sees the same damn thing.

Immigration is not only good for America, it is important, BUT uncontrolled immigration through uncontrolled borders is very very bad for America. And just because every Tom, Dick or Harry from south of our border believes they have the right to enter America any time they want and tap into the wallets of American taxpayers doesn't make it so!

I have told the story before, my parents had to wait for years in war torn Hungary, decimated by the Germans, Americans and even more so by the Russians to come to America. Even then my Dad kept his sense of humor, when the immigration judge asked him why he wanted to go to America he replied " Well Sir, every time I have been on the losing side, for once I want to be on the winning side", the judge smiled and approved my parents. My parents were required to have a financially responsible sponsor before they could immigrate, once here they were required to sign a contract that they would neither seek or accept any government aid. After five years they were American Citizens, read and spoke English the language of their new home, after ten they owned their home outright, they had four children whose births they paid for, not the taxpayer.

Here is the difference with the majority of the illegals coming here, they don't come to be Americans, they continue to give their allegiance to their  country of birth as do their children. They from day one are reliant on the taxpayer to support them and their families and continue to milk the taxpayer. They do not want to assimilate, and they are not alone in this, it what the democrats want, the Mexicans and Central Americans don't have to assimilate, we bend over backwards to have everything in their language. The Somalians, Haitians, whatever refuse to assimilate they demand that we become subordinate to their cultures.

Having people of a like background and culture living together is nothing new, German towns, China Towns, Little Italy's and others have always been, the difference is that in the past those people took pride in their culture but wanted very much to be Americans and assimilate and more so for their children to grow up as Americans. Today with the Hispanics and Muslims? NO!

The difference between the experience and requirements your parents had versus what we are dealing with today started with the Immigration Act of 1965 authored by Ted Kennedy.

In addition to shifting the focus of immigration from Europe to Latin America...tt set us on the path of 53 years of uninterrupted immigration not from countries with people who are educated and have a desire to be productive like what we were previously getting for the most part from Europe...but from poor central and south American countries with unskilled and poorly educated people who were more likely to get on welfare than on someone's payroll.

Today English isn't even required to take the oath of citizenship...they will administer it to you in your native tongue and the part about defending your new country is optional thanks to Obama.