Author Topic: Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’  (Read 19791 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor.  We don't typically rip families apart for misdemeanors.

Don't forget: Illegal immigrants are deportable under Immigration and Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B) which says: "Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable."

So it is not your usual everyday american citezen charged with a "misdemeanor".
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I hate to pile on.  Well actually I do, but in this case I concur. Once left us some time ago.  I wish him well in his new skin.
@Wingnut
I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump thinks kidnapping children is a great deterrent.  We will see.

Why don't you bless us with some Noam Chomsky quotes while you are at it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is the nugget that pisses me off the most.

Yep!  That was wrong but it's been over 75 years ago.  The separated children are placed in clean, attractive dorm rooms and treated well.  When they are returned to their parents, they are probably saying, Mommy, can't I go back to that fun place?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

@corbe   At least spell her name right.  Melania did not agree with Laura.  Her statement was for compassion but not open borders.  You either have border control or you don't.

Hell @Emjay the guy that married her can't even spell her name right, on occasion, why are you busting my balls?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Hell @Emjay the guy that married her can't even spell her name right, on occasion, why are you busting my balls?

Once again showing that no remark is too infantile to make if its directed at Trump and made by a NT.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

I find it Ironic, a girl busting your balls.

Offline corbe

Even the 'Classical' NT'ers here think I'm a Joke, don't play into their fears @driftdiver.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This issue resonates with Christians who have been supplanted by the alt-right in the GOP.  Every picture of a crying child on the border will cost GOP votes, because some Republicans still have human emotions.

You have accidentally stumbled onto a sad truth.  If people can be wrongly convinced that children are being systematically abused, they don't like it.  And with the media pounding it, how many look for the real truth of the situation.

The truth is that the parents are knowingly putting their children into a situation in which the children have to be separated and kept safe.  The children are probably better housed and fed than they have been in their whole lives.

Offline corbe

I find it Ironic, a girl busting your balls.

They do it all the time, especially @Emjay.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Please don't tell me what I believe.  EVERY and yes, I mean EVERY immigrant entering into this country ILLEGALLY IS indeed ILLEGAL.  I didn't say that they were all evil.  They are ILLEGAL.  They should be forbidden from entering this country period; children included.  That's why a border wall is needed. 

Those that are already here, if caught, should be deported.  NO perks.  NO benefits. NO jobs.  NO medical.  Deportation period.  I don't care how educated or uneducated they are; they are still illegal.  Deport them.

@libertybele   Hey, you are one tough gal and I totally agree with you.

This is not about judging people ... it is about maintaining a sovereign nation and protecting our borders.

Offline driftdiver

You have accidentally stumbled onto a sad truth.  If people can be wrongly convinced that children are being systematically abused, they don't like it.  And with the media pounding it, how many look for the real truth of the situation.

The truth is that the parents are knowingly putting their children into a situation in which the children have to be separated and kept safe.  The children are probably better housed and fed than they have been in their whole lives.

@Emjay
I disagree, most Americans realize that even if the cage picture were true it would still be a vast improvement over where those kids came from.  At least they are safe and not being beaten or raped.

But unfortunately that was an Obama era pic, today they are housed in dorms with all kinds of fun stuff to do.

Offline dfwgator

Meanwhile the media paints a picture that it's even worse than Auschwitz.

Offline dfwgator

They've been doing it for years....

Remember this picture?

The picture that fooled the world
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/LIE/BOSNIA_PHOTO/bosnia.html

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay
I disagree, most Americans realize that even if the cage picture were true it would still be a vast improvement over where those kids came from.  At least they are safe and not being beaten or raped.

But unfortunately that was an Obama era pic, today they are housed in dorms with all kinds of fun stuff to do.

@driftdiver   I hope you're right but this is an emotional issue that seems to have resonated with people. 

You and most people here realize that these children are well-housed, well-fed and well treated but the media has glommed onto this issue and will ride it till it drops.

@Emjay
I disagree, most Americans realize that even if the cage picture were true it would still be a vast improvement over where those kids came from. 

They’re not cages, they’re freedom spaces demarcated by patriot wire

Offline driftdiver

@Once-Ler
You're folks are the ones that called 'em cages

@Once-Ler
You're folks are the ones that called 'em cages
@driftdiver
I quoted you "cage picture."  Why can't you follow a conversation?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

888high58888
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

It's sweet of you to be concerned about my credibility @skeeter .

Trump is kidnapping children? Really?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Trump is kidnapping children? Really?

Yes, and throwing them in concentration camps.  Keep up, Skeeter.

Offline GrouchoTex

...and firing their parents off into the sun.

Offline dfwgator

And using their skin for lampshades.

Offline WingNot

...and firing their parents off into the sun.

Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is.

Offline GrouchoTex

Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is.

another runner in the night