Author Topic: Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’  (Read 19792 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I guess you didn't bother to read my next post, where I put the statistic from the Texas Department of Public Safety.

It didn't answer my question "how much of our workforce is comprised of illegals?"

Interesting.  You only respond to 1/2 of my post and then complain that you're wasting your time.   :shrug:
@Sanguine
Perhaps we are both wasting our time. :beer:
I don't think imported workers cost tax payers, and I agree open borders and welfare state are incompatible.  I hope that is the response you've been waiting for.

Offline dfwgator

@Sanguine
I don't think imported workers cost tax payers, and I agree open borders and welfare state are incompatible.  I hope that is the response you've been waiting for.

Well, the welfare state isn't going away anytime soon.  Pukes and Rats both will see to that.

Offline GrouchoTex

It didn't answer my question "how much of our workforce is comprised of illegals?"

A moot point, as none of the workforce is supposed to be illegal.
An online search found PEW research saying 5.1 percent as of 2012, or 8.1 million
Odd that they would know that, since they are illegal.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Sort of.  If we were talking about imported, and by implication, needed workers, then yes, we agree.  ^-^

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sort of.  If we were talking about imported, and by implication, needed workers, then yes, we agree.  ^-^
The problem is under the current rules, even imported workers, let's just be honest and call them legal, very often to say the least are a welfare burden, having children they can't afford paid for by the state and receiving 'aid' to house, feed and provide medical treatment.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The problem is under the current rules, even imported workers, let's just be honest and call them legal, very often to say the least are a welfare burden, having children they can't afford paid for by the state and receiving 'aid' to house, feed and provide medical treatment.

Oh, I know.  It was a very narrowly-defined point of agreement.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well, the welfare state isn't going away anytime soon.  Pukes and Rats both will see to that.

@dfwgator
America's unfunded liabilities would beg to differ with your statement that welfare won't go away.  One way or another it will go away eventually.

$87 Trillion in unfunded liabilities with social security, medicade, and other govt entitlement programs.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

$87 Trillion in unfunded liabilities with social security, medicade, and other govt entitlement programs.

It only 'goes away' when the entire economic system collapses under the weight - Coward-Piven by another means.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

@dfwgator
America's unfunded liabilities would beg to differ with your statement that welfare won't go away.  One way or another it will go away eventually.

Senate (Repuke-Lickin Senate) rejects Trump plan to claw back spending

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/393284-senate-rejects-trump-plan-to-clawback-spending
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:42:13 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Senate (Repuke-Lickin Senate) rejects Trump plan to claw back spending

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/393284-senate-rejects-trump-plan-to-clawback-spending

When I was a republican I would have argued that 48 GOP Senators voted to cut spending.  Now I recognize that it's a ploy where the republicans point at the rats and the rats point at the GOP and nothing gets fixed.

Offline dfwgator

When I was a republican I would have argued that 48 GOP Senators voted to cut spending.  Now I recognize that it's a ploy where the republicans point at the rats and the rats point at the GOP and nothing gets fixed.

Yep.

Offline dfwgator

Ok Laura, you happy now?

Now STFU!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Crocodile Tears,

Schumer rejected the deal... it's all false compassion because these people are not consistent on the issues, where are these great displays of compassion for domestic matters?

And as they said, Obama did the same thing, this is just political football and political theater.

If neither is getting things done, that's on your back, I know our president is.

Who needs the faux compassion.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:35:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Interesting.  You only respond to 1/2 of my post and then complain that you're wasting your time.   :shrug:

We should all answer @Sanguine fully since 80-90% of the time, that just means answering a sentence.

Crocodile Tears,

<snip>

If neither is getting things done, that's on your back, I know our president is.

Who needs the faux compassion.
@TomSea
I applaud the President for recognizing his policy was unpopular, swallowing his pride, and reversing course.  I think it shows him to be a stronger leader and smarter than I thought.  People make mistakes.  Smart people recognize their mistakes.  Wise people correct them and learn from them.  Hopefully President Trump's base recognizes this was a lost battle and the reversal was the best course of action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We should all answer @Sanguine fully since 80-90% of the time, that just means answering a sentence.

True.  I like getting to the point.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
True.  I like getting to the point.

If we're still talking about the children, I saw that border agent that some CNN babe was gonna lead to the slaughter and he was so down to earth and honest.  But he did point out the horror that these parents put their children through.  Omigosh.  They give the girls birth control pills because they fully expect them to be raped along the way.  These 'parents' also know that the kids may not make the arduous journey.

The parents are the villains in this piece.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

The parents are the villains in this piece.
As usual.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

You know that you can look that information up yourself don't you?

https://www.fairus.org/issue/workforce-economy/illegal-aliens-taking-us-jobs
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Thank you for the link.

I hope that it helps you see the real and problematic issue of illegal immigration.  Many people just don't see the issue because it doesn't affect them.  In some cases with businesses and corporations they benefit.  All those people do work, and therefore are taking American jobs and driving down our wages.  Not only that but they know how to work the system and we end up paying to support their families.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

I hope that it helps you see the real and problematic issue of illegal immigration.  Many people just don't see the issue because it doesn't affect them.  In some cases with businesses and corporations they benefit.  All those people do work, and therefore are taking American jobs and driving down our wages.  Not only that but they know how to work the system and we end up paying to support their families.

The link reinforces my own opinion which is I have nothing to fear from foreign workers, they are not suppressing my wages.  I'm glad so many are working, and I would submit these workers pay for their children's education by renting or paying property tax on a home.  I'm sorry we don't agree. 

I don't think a wall is going to get built.  I think Trump's zero tolerance policy will eventually collapse under the weight of the huge increase in resources needed to incarcerate everybody.

America lost its mind over 2000 separated children.  There are millions of illegals and we know Trump blinks when the people get loud.  I'm fine with the de facto amnesty of nothing getting changed.