Author Topic: Trey Gowdy: GOP will hit DOJ, FBI with ‘full arsenal’ to get documents  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trey Gowdy: GOP will hit DOJ, FBI with ‘full arsenal’ to get documents
by Kelly Cohen
 | June 17, 2018 11:20 AM

House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy said that House Speaker Paul Ryan led a meeting with senior Justice Department and FBI officials Friday, and claimed he “made it very clear” the House will use “its full arsenal of constitutional weapons to gain compliance” on outstanding subpoenas.

Gowdy, R-S.C., said on “Fox News Sunday” that Republican lawmakers’ actions could involve "the full panoply of constitutional weapons available to the people’s house."

However, it was not immediately clear which subpoenas or requests Gowdy was referencing.

In March, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte subpoenaed the Justice Department to obtain documents related to the FBI’s investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email server, potential surveillance abuses, and the decision to fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

The request totals roughly 1.2 million documents.

However, that subpoena is already being handled: FBI Director Christopher Wray announced in late March that he was assigning 54 FBI staffers to oversee the request, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions then tapped the U.S. attorney in Chicago, John Lausch, in April to oversee the production of troves of documents to Goodlatte.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trey-gowdy-gop-will-hit-doj-fbi-with-full-arsenal-to-get-documents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Gowdy's full arsenal:
 pillowfight33333

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."