Author Topic: H-1B Visas Are Bad For America  (Read 491 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
H-1B Visas Are Bad For America
« on: June 17, 2018, 03:56:30 pm »
H-1B Visas Are Bad For America

7:57 PM 06/14/2018

Similarly, corporate America has become addicted to foreign labor by way of government-authored guest worker programs. The time is long overdue to debunk some myths on this subject and break the addiction. One of the most popular guest worker programs, the H-1B visa, has been in the news lately.

North Carolina State Senator Phil Berger has proposed that companies should not be allowed to count H-1B visa workers toward jobs that earn the companies money from one of the state’s jobs development program. Major corporations have relied on such grants since locating their facilities to the state. A debate has since ensued as to whether H-1B visas are good for the state and the country at large.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/14/h-1b-visas-bad-for-america/

I am grateful that we are at least having discussion about this abused program.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: H-1B Visas Are Bad For America
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 05:24:55 pm »
Good article. Worth reading.

The same rationale applies to the lie of "Free Trade" as opposed to "Honest Trade".
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: H-1B Visas Are Bad For America
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 05:57:40 pm »
They're great for big business, and the US Chamber of Commerce. They suck for American workers.

I'm feeling like a bit of a hypocrite, though, as I plan on selling our house in a few years to a multigenerational Indian family. I hear they like to bargain/negotiate...lol. I'll have my price set, and it will be take it or leave it. There's a new elementary school under construction across the street from our house, to open in the 2019-2020 school year.

If nobody accepts my offering price, then we'll stay...lol. My current mortgage with escrow is less than $1800 a month. Can't get a decent two bedroom apartment in the area for that price (Coppell ISD).
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.