Author Topic: Beach, Boating and Booze Add Up to Summer Injuries  (Read 553 times)

rangerrebew

Beach, Boating and Booze Add Up to Summer Injuries
« on: June 17, 2018, 11:58:16 am »
Beach, Boating and Booze Add Up to Summer Injuries

SATURDAY, June 16, 2018 -- You'd better think twice before taking booze to the beach or out on a boat. Alcohol increases the risk of injury and death in and on the water, safety experts warn.

For example, alcohol is a factor in up to 70 percent of all water recreation deaths of teens and adults, according to the U.S. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism (NIAAA).

Drinking impairs judgment and makes people more likely to take risks, a dangerous combination for swimmers, the institute noted.

https://www.drugs.com/news/beach-boating-booze-add-up-summer-injuries-75045.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Beach, Boating and Booze Add Up to Summer Injuries
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 08:36:02 pm »
About half of the drowning victims we recovered when I was a fireman (boating related) had their fly open. Likely 'going' off the side led to falling in, and could not get back in the boat. Some appeared to have been run over by their own boat. If you must, first kill the engine and make sure you have a boarding ladder or line over so you can get back in if you fall out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Re: Beach, Boating and Booze Add Up to Summer Injuries
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:43:30 pm »