Author Topic: Pruitt’s new problem with the GOP: Ethanol  (Read 786 times)

Online corbe

Pruitt’s new problem with the GOP: Ethanol
« on: June 17, 2018, 01:58:54 am »
Pruitt’s new problem with the GOP: Ethanol

By Miranda Green - 06/16/18 05:21 PM EDT

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt is facing harsh criticism from two Republican senators who say he is failing to follow through on President Trump’s pro-ethanol agenda.

The two senators, Joni Ernst and Chuck Grassley from corn-heavy Iowa, are specifically displeased with Pruitt for granting a number of exemptions to the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) to refineries that allow them to use less ethanol in their fuel mixes.

The senators say this is a disappointment given Trump’s promises in Iowa and are quick to point out the string of controversies following Pruitt in voicing their displeasure.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/392570-pruitts-new-problem-with-the-gop-ethanol
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Pruitt’s new problem with the GOP: Ethanol
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 03:04:49 pm »
Sometimes I'm glad you can't trust President Trump.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 03:32:59 pm »
   Trump better chain that rabid dog or he'll lose the Iowa Caucus, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:50:30 am »
Ethanol is one of the worst disasters ever foisted upon the American people.

Recall when MTBE was promoted as the savior until it was revealed its poisonous disposition on our water supply?

Ethanol is the quiet killer as it destroys food, small engines, lots of land being plowed under, and it does nothing to help the environment or save fuel.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 02:57:49 am »
   It drinks a hell of a lot of water too.  Those sprinklers are running the water table dry, for Fuel, no less. 
   Living in Texas with another 6 week drought, this shit matters.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 02:58:51 am »
   Trump better chain that rabid dog or he'll lose the Iowa Caucus, again.

Sad state of affairs that you have to bribe states to get elected.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 03:00:46 am »

Recall when MTBE was promoted as the savior until it was revealed its poisonous disposition on our water supply?
t]
Ethanol is the quiet killer as it destroys food, small engines, lots of land being plowed under, and it does nothing to help the environment or save fuel.

B r a v o ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »

QFT!

Not to mention the second and third order effect of ethanol on food prices in general.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 04:03:20 pm »

From my reading it actually takes more energy to produce ethanol (water, fuel) then the ethanol replacing the gas saves.  So each gallon produced is a net loss in energy and impact to the environment.   Yet it appears to be impossible to end this travesty.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 04:55:59 pm »
From my reading it actually takes more energy to produce ethanol (water, fuel) then the ethanol replacing the gas saves.  So each gallon produced is a net loss in energy and impact to the environment.   Yet it appears to be impossible to end this travesty.

If all inputs are considered,  it takes 1.4 units of energy to produce 1 unit of energy from corn.

Please note that I was very careful with my words in what I said there.  Proponents of ethanol as a motor fuel want to continue to ignore many of the inputs necessary to grow the corn and then produce ethanol from it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien