Author Topic: John Legend slams Paul Ryan for Father's Day post amid immigration controversy: 'Seriously, ____ you  (Read 1223 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
John Legend slams Paul Ryan for Father's Day post amid immigration controversy: 'Seriously, ___ you'

Singer John Legend lashed out at House Speaker Paul Ryan on Saturday after the lawmaker posted a Father’s Day video about his children amid an controversy over a policy involving immigrant families getting split up at the border.

“Seriously, ____ you,” Legend tweeted. “Reunite the families at the border and we can talk about father's day.”

Legend’s reaction comes as the Trump administration has drawn some mixed reviews for the separation of parents and children attempting to cross the southern border into the U.S.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/16/john-legend-slams-paul-ryan-for-fathers-day-post-amid-immigration-controversy-seriously-f-k.html

Ooopps, is that okay to say? It can be edited.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:05:18 am by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Repubs are doing a great job getting the message out that this was Obama's policy..../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Repubs are doing a great job getting the message out that this was Obama's policy..../s
Do you really believe the usual suspects would understand and change their tune? Dopes like Legend certainly don't care about the facts and the truth. They have a blind hatred of Republicans....nothing will change their minds.
And I'll wait to see how much heretics like Kanye West influence black attitudes and voting patterns. There are a few dissenters from liberal orthodoxy in the black "community," but they appear to be in the severe minority (ha, ha).

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What the heck does Paul Ryan have to do with any of this?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Repukes want Trump to go down.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
What the heck does Paul Ryan have to do with any of this?

He's a Republican
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Does anyone give an ef what a hasbeen entertainer has to say?   besides the lamestreams.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

John Legend? Anyone have any news on what Peter Tork or Lief Garrett has to say on this issue?

Offline jpsb

Dems wrote the law in 2002, so both W and Zero were implementing this policy too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Dems wrote the law in 2002, so both W and Zero were implementing this policy too.

But they were implementing it differently. The law (actually, I understand it is a decades-old court settlement) says migrant minors cannot be jailed.   That, of course, caused a practical problem - the adult caregiver couldn't be jailed without separating the child.  So, until recently, families crossing the border seeking asylum were typically released together into the U.S. pending a hearing on their asylum claim.

Now the Trump administration has a "zero-tolerance" policy that indeed incarcerates the adults - and, by operation of law, causes the kids to be separated.  So this is a change in enforcement, not a change in the law - although the law's restrictions were probably the main reason previous administrations didn't jail adults as frequently as the Trump administration does. 

The Dems, of course, would much rather seize on the optics of the situation for political purposes than change the law and permit parent and child to be confined together.   I suppose one solution might be to give arriving families a choice - waive their right to an asylum hearing in exchange for a plane ticket back home,  or move forward with the asylum claim with the knowledge that parent and child will be separated until the claim can be heard.

Or change the law.   But that's the last thing the Dems want.     
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:42:47 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
  I suppose one solution might be to give arriving families a choice - waive their right to an asylum hearing in exchange for a plane ticket back home,  or move forward with the asylum claim with the knowledge that parent and child will be separated until the claim can be heard.   

I can't believe I am saying this....but,  I like that idea.     Probably wouldn't work because it would pop the rats pity party balloon all to hell.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe spreading this will help ....

Offline dfwgator

Maybe spreading this will help ....

Repukes won't do a damned thing.