Author Topic: Canadian Officials Rush to Support U.S. Envoy After Death Threat  (Read 424 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Canadian Officials Rush to Support U.S. Envoy After Death Threat
By Josh Wingrove and Jennifer Jacobs

Top Canadian officials, led by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, rushed to express support for Ambassador Kelly Craft after a package containing a suspicious substance and a death threat was mailed to the U.S. diplomat.

The incident came as tensions remain high in Canada over a brewing tariff fight, which erupted over Donald Trump’s criticism of Trudeau as “dishonest & weak,” the president’s refusal to endorse the final communique at the Group of Seven summit a week ago, and Canada’s outrage that tariffs have been applied under the pretext of national security.

White powder was found Thursday in an package addressed to Craft at the U.S. embassy in Ottawa and discovered by a mail-room employee at the ambassador’s residence, an embassy official said. The police were contacted, and tests determined the substance wasn’t harmful.

Read more at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-16/canadian-officials-rush-to-support-u-s-envoy-after-death-threat

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Canadian Officials Rush to Support U.S. Envoy After Death Threat
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 08:42:14 pm »
Couldn't find where the package was mailed from ....

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Canadian Officials Rush to Support U.S. Envoy After Death Threat
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
Couldn't find where the package was mailed from ....

By any chance was the return address ‎1 Sussex Drive?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."