Author Topic: House Conservatives Demand Explicit Trump Tweet Before Backing Amnesty for Illegal Aliens  (Read 454 times)

rangerrebew

House Conservatives Demand Explicit Trump Tweet Before Backing Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

Posted at 11:30 am on June 14, 2018 by Dan Spencer

Members of the House Conservative Republican Study Committee tell senior White House adviser Stephen Miller they need an explicit tweet from President Donald J. Trump before they will vote for immigration legislation providing amnesty for illegal aliens.

House Republicans are trying to prepare a compromise immigration bill for a vote next week alongside an existing “conservative proposal.” According to Bloomberg News, this legislative strategy has President Trump’s blessing:

https://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2018/06/14/house-conservatives-demand-explicit-trump-tweet-backing-amnesty-illegal-aliens/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Is Trump backing this or not?  I saw another article where he isn't.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I find it hard to believe that Mr. Trump would support legislation that was to all effects and purposes, amnesty.

If he signs either of these, I'm afraid he'll end up as a one-term president.

If he vetoes either one, and "makes his case public", he'll be re-elected easily.