Author Topic: Sessions floats federal law that would protect states that decriminalize marijuana  (Read 817 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Attorney General Jeff Sessions told The Hill that President Trump hasn't talked to him about legislation to decriminalize federal marijuana laws, but that he believed the president would support legislation to protect states that do so.

In an exclusive interview with The Hill’s new TV show "Rising," which aired Thursday morning, Sessions said he understood remarks from Trump last week to be supportive of such protections.

“What I understood the president to have told Senator Cory Gardner was that if a state legalizes marijuana, he may be supportive of legislation that would honor that state’s decision,” the former Alabama senator said.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/392487-sessions-responds-to-trumps-support-for-marijuana-bill

The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

“What I understood the president to have told Senator Cory Gardner was that if a state legalizes marijuana, he may be supportive of legislation that would honor that state’s decision,” the former Alabama senator said.

Acting in accordance with the Constitution?

Well, that's mighty white of him!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn