Author Topic: McConnell: Mueller 'ought to wrap it up'  (Read 858 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McConnell: Mueller 'ought to wrap it up'
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:47:23 pm »
The Hill, Jun 15, 2018, Jordain Carney

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is signaling that he believes special counsel Robert Mueller needs to end his probe into the 2016 presidential election, noting the investigation has gone on "forever."

“What I think about the Mueller investigation is, they ought to wrap it up. It’s gone on seemingly forever and I don’t know how much more they think they can find out,” the Kentucky Republican told the Washington Examiner, when asked if he still had confidence in the investigation.

McConnell added that if the Justice Department's inspector general — who released a report on the FBI's handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation on Thursday — had finished, "why can’t the Mueller investigation finally wrap up?”

McConnell has been publicly supportive of Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, as well as into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

More:  http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/392454-mcconnell-mueller-ought-to-wrap-it-up

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McConnell: Mueller 'ought to wrap it up'
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:51:31 pm »
Knock me over with a feather!   Surely Mitch didn't actually say that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:25 pm »
   He's back on the Coke.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:01:21 am »
   He's back on the Coke.

I thought he was a Mountain  Dew man....  :laugh:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:09:06 am »
Why does Mueller not have a finite budget?   Give him $10 million max.  Anything above that comes out of his own pocket.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 01:38:25 am »
"Gone on seemingly forever"?  This investigation has been relatively short compared to similar investigations in the past:  Mueller's got a little over a year invested while the average similar investigation in the past took 1,154 days (a little over 3 years)  I suspect the President could help speed things along simply by agreeing to an interview.  After all, he said he'd do one:  "100%".
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 01:47:08 am »
The Hill, Jun 15, 2018, Jordain Carney

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is signaling that he believes special counsel Robert Mueller needs to end his probe into the 2016 presidential election, noting the investigation has gone on "forever."

“What I think about the Mueller investigation is, they ought to wrap it up. It’s gone on seemingly forever and I don’t know how much more they think they can find out,” the Kentucky Republican told the Washington Examiner, when asked if he still had confidence in the

More:  http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/392454-mcconnell-mueller-ought-to-wrap-it-up

My jaw is on the floor. These are words I never expected to hear from swampy McConnell. Strange days indeed.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 01:47:37 am »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 02:57:02 am »

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 03:26:41 am »
The entire Mueller investigation is a political attack!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw