Author Topic: Neighbor Who Attacked Rand Paul Sentenced to 30 Days in Prison  (Read 1443 times)

Online corbe

Neighbor Who Attacked Rand Paul Sentenced to 30 Days in Prison

BY:  David Rutz   
June 15, 2018 3:04 pm

The man who pleaded guilty to assaulting Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.) in his front yard has been sentenced to 30 days in prison.

In one of last year's strangest sagas, Paul's neighbor Rene Boucher tackled the senator from behind as he finished mowing the lawn of his Bowling Green home on Nov. 3. The assault left Paul with six broken ribs, lung contusions, and ultimately two bouts of pneumonia. He described the recovery as a "living hell."

<..snip..>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/neighbor-attacked-rand-paul-sentenced-30-days-prison/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Neighbor Who Attacked Rand Paul Sentenced to 30 Days in Prison
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:31:13 pm »
Rene was trying to turn his life around.  He was a good kid. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:39:46 pm »
Neighbor Who Attacked Rand Paul Sentenced to 30 Days in Prison
June 15, 2018 3:04 pm

The man who pleaded guilty to assaulting Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.) in his front yard has been sentenced to 30 days in prison.  The assault left Paul with six broken ribs, lung contusions, and ultimately two bouts of pneumonia. He described the recovery as a "living hell."
@corbe

Paul could have easily died.  I would give that man enough prison time that he had to serve at least a year without being put on probation.  Thirty days in jail is not enough for that man not to assault someone else.  If he could do that just because of grass clippings, no one is safe with him around.  He needs to sit and think for a year so he won't come unglued with someone else.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:42:00 pm »
Bet Paul Manafort right now wishes he’d attacked and inflicted serious injury on a sitting member of Congress instead.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:53 pm »
Rand Paul’s Attacker Gets 30 Days In Prison
6:45 PM 06/15/2018
Molly Prince | Contributor

The neighbor of Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul was sentenced in a federal court on Friday after being convicted of attacking the senator in 2017.

Rene Boucher, 59, pleaded guilty in March to assaulting a member of Congress, resulting in personal injury, and was sentenced to 30 days in prison and a year of supervised release for the attack, reported U.S. News And World Report. (RELATED: Rand Paul Attacker Pleads Guilty To Felony Assault Charge)

Boucher was arrested in November 2017 after he attacked the senator outside of his Bowling Green, Kentucky home. He was reportedly upset after Paul blew some leaves onto his property while using his lawnmower. The U.S. District Court Judge presiding over the case, Judge Marianne Battani, called the attack a “dispute between neighbors” and that it was not politically motivated.

The Senator told police the neighbor “came onto his property and tackled him from behind, forcing him to the ground and causing pain.” The attack left him with six broken ribs, pleural effusion and ultimately pneumonia.

“No one deserves to be violently assaulted. A felony conviction is appropriate and hopefully will deter the attacker from further violence,” according to Rand Paul’s statement obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation. “The original 21 month sentence requested would have been the appropriate punishment. I commend the FBI and Department of Justice for treating this violent, pre-meditated assault with the seriousness it deserves.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/15/rand-pauls-attacker-sentenced/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 11:57:31 pm »
Too short.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 01:01:50 am »
That's it?  30 days in the hole?? He attacked a sitting U.S. Senator and inflicted injuries upon him which is a felony!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 01:10:16 am »
The sentence is way too short, but apparently Sen. Paul is okay with it.
... In a statement, Mr. Paul said that he believed a conviction with prison time was “appropriate,” and he hoped it would deter Mr. Boucher from any future violence.

“No one deserves to be violently assaulted,” Mr. Paul said. “I commend the F.B.I. and Department of Justice for treating this violent, premeditated assault with the seriousness it deserves.”  ...
New York Times
The story says prosecutors sought a 21-month sentence.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 01:12:59 am »
Threads merged.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 01:17:05 am »
That's it?  30 days in the hole?? He attacked a sitting U.S. Senator and inflicted injuries upon him which is a felony!

He trespassed and violently attacked and wounded a man mowing his own lawn.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 03:35:32 am »
That the judge is a Clinton appointee should come as no surprise.  Just file that little nugget away for future reference.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 02:27:08 pm »
Outrageously short sentence. Did the violent maniac lose his license to practice medicine?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 02:32:46 pm »
Outrageously short sentence. Did the violent maniac lose his license to practice medicine?
One of the stories indicated he was a retired medical doctor. Age 60 is a little young to retire from medicine, seems to me.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »
Scot-free.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 05:18:30 pm »
Too short.

It's a felony conviction though so after prison some serious issues will follow him.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 06:04:05 pm »
It's a felony conviction though so after prison some serious issues will follow him.

Confooosed here. 

A felonious assault carries one full year in prison; otherwise the assault would be a misdemeanor assault which carries under a year in jail.

I am missing something here, or the prison/jail sentences were changed.

:blonde moment:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 06:06:25 pm »

Civil liability and damages could devestate the wealthy,retired progressive doctor.

No I don't buy it wasn't political, either.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 06:33:50 pm »
Civil liability and damages could devestate the wealthy,retired progressive doctor.

Great point here, Truth!

:seeya:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 07:56:22 pm »

Make it so!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 08:08:46 pm »

Well, given the circumstances, he not really a Doctor anymore. I don't know how he expects to make any money for the rest of his life. His house now belongs to Rand.
Who would hire him? I would bet he cannot even rent an apartment, after a background check. Maybe at a Texaco, as a stocker person, working for a 19 year old boss?

Image result for homeless sign

Actions have consequences. The Left does not understand this eternal truth.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:11:23 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 08:34:55 pm »
For such a short sentence, he should also be required to pay for the medical bills.  And in the civil tort case, be required to pay 3 times the above costs of the medical bills for the pain, suffering and hardship inflicted.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 08:40:00 pm »
For such a short sentence, he should also be required to pay for the medical bills.  And in the civil tort case, be required to pay 3 times the above costs of the medical bills for the pain, suffering and hardship inflicted.

That is a given. At least.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.