Author Topic: Trump clears up immigration bill confusion, pledges to back both GOP bills  (Read 479 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump clears up immigration bill confusion, pledges to back both GOP bills
by Susan Ferrechio
 | June 15, 2018 06:15 PM

President Trump supports both of the House GOP immigration bills up for a vote in the next few weeks, a White House spokesman said Friday.

The announcement came after House Republicans hit the pause button on a plan to vote on immigration reform next week. They stopped action after President Trump warned in an impromptu TV appearance that he “wouldn’t sign the more moderate one.”

Republicans feared Trump was talking about a bill authored by Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., which was written in concert with White House officials. It would incorporate the “four pillars” of Trump’s own immigration reform plan, including a pathway to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers.

A second bill, authored by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., is expected to be a more conservative bill, but it is being modified. In original form, it limits immigration and provides a more difficult path to citizenship.

Republicans planned to put both Ryan and Goodlatte bills on the floor for a vote next week.

But Trump threw the vote into doubt Friday after threatening to vote against one of the bills.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/trump-clears-up-immigration-bill-confusion-pledges-to-back-both-gop-bills
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

If indeed Trump folds and doesn't stand his ground on his promise of NO Amensty and a wall, not only is he finished, but so is the GOP and GOPe and we might as well kiss the country good-bye.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If indeed Trump folds and doesn't stand his ground on his promise of NO Amensty and a wall, not only is he finished, but so is the GOP and GOPe and we might as well kiss the country good-bye.

I just looked and he is saying he won't sign it without the border wall.  Not clear on DACA.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:05:32 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
I'm still concerned... but I'm always concerned :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw