Author Topic: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge  (Read 8778 times)

Oceander

Re: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 06:38:50 pm »
The only reason Mueller picked this up (after being dropped before), and is pushing for Manafort to be thrown in the slammer forever, is because he wants Manafort to turn on Trump and accuse him of eating babies.

You have proof of this?

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 06:40:19 pm »
Then there are some of us who have been saying for a long time they are all 'black hats'. They are all a bunch of corrupt crooks fighting each other.

That's about where I am, Trump excepted.

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 06:41:05 pm »

:silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2018, 06:42:48 pm »

..and I'm in the camp he is one of the biggest of them all- he is just good at marketing himself. He is like Gotti talking about all the good he did for his community, but if you look at how Trump operated for his entire history, it was the same crap we complain about all other 'political donor class' people. Trump just has a reality television demeanor which is good for marketing.

But all that's for a different thread.

Manafort has always been corrupt, in spite of his current association.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2018, 06:43:38 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2018, 06:44:09 pm »
You have proof of this?

Sure, the day Mueller comes clean with his true intentions.  Until then, my proof is the same as the pro-Mueller folks who insist he's a straight-arrow.  Speculation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 06:46:13 pm »
Manafort has always been corrupt, in spite of his current association.
So I'm wondering why Trump hasn't thrown him under the bus like so many before Manafort?

Oceander

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 06:49:27 pm »
Sure, the day Mueller comes clean with his true intentions.  Until then, my proof is the same as the pro-Mueller folks who insist he's a straight-arrow.  Speculation.

In other words, no.   

Offline ABX

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 06:51:09 pm »
So I'm wondering why Trump hasn't thrown him under the bus like so many before Manafort?

Manafort and Stone know all the dirty laundry, especially for those who come out of the N.Y. donor class. Stone even bragged as much a while back (pre Trump).

Oceander

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 06:52:16 pm »

He can’t get much more under the bus than he is now, can he?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:58 pm »
IIRC he did not report the money he got from the Soviets but all the stories seem to be avoiding an details because they might confuse the readers. 
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 06:59:22 pm »
In other words, no.

Same as you, if you wish to assert otherwise.  The difference is, I make no claims to have "special information."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:00:00 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »
Same as you, if you wish to assert otherwise.  The difference is, I make no claims to have "special information."

Same as me what?  I’m not the one trying to prove Manaforts innocence by casting unproven aspersions on the prosecutor. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2018, 07:39:59 pm »
So why aren't Hildabeast, Abedin, Wasserman-Schultz, Lerner and Comey in orange jumpsuits having their bail decided for much greater and far more heinous crimes?

I don't give a crap about Manafort supposed "crimes" because obviously some political and treasonous crimes are more equal than others apparently.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2018, 07:53:23 pm »
So why aren't Hildabeast, Abedin, Wasserman-Schultz, Lerner and Comey in orange jumpsuits having their bail decided for much greater and far more heinous crimes?

I don't give a crap about Manafort supposed "crimes" because obviously some political and treasonous crimes are more equal than others apparently.

Ask Trump.  He could have them prosecuted if he really cared to.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2018, 07:55:57 pm »
Ask Trump.  He could have them prosecuted if he really cared to.

By Whom?  The FBI and DOJ??!!

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »
By Whom?  The FBI and DOJ??!!

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

They are executive branch agencies. The DOJ is run by Jeff Sessions who can order an investigation and prosecution.  He can, with a signature, stop or change most of this (not all but most).

I think Trump believes he is best served if this entire issue stays alive and active. Right from The Art of the Deal: "It doesn't matter what they say about you, as long as they are talking about you"

As long as there is the 'witch hunt' it galvanizes his followers behind him. He has positioned his entire marketing gambit on 'he is the people and the people are him' (my phrase)- so as long as there appears to be a witch hunt against him, his supporters will feel as though it is an attack on them and it will strengthen loyalty. Even if he shot James Comey on 5th Avenue, if they tried to prosecute him for that, it would be used the same way.

Like most politicians in the game, it isn't about resolution- that's the last thing they want. It is about keeping the issue alive.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:00:59 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2018, 08:12:47 pm »
Same as me what?  I’m not the one trying to prove Manaforts innocence by casting unproven aspersions on the prosecutor.

I'm not trying to prove Manafort's innocence either.  Any aspersions I may cast the Prosecutor's way are irrelevant.

That's an interesting choice of words you used there:  "Trying to Prove Manafort's innocence."  I thought our legal system provides for "innocent until proven guilty."  I'm glad you set me straight on what Mueller is doing here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2018, 08:17:59 pm »
I'm not trying to prove Manafort's innocence either.  Any aspersions I may cast the Prosecutor's way are irrelevant.

That's an interesting choice of words you used there:  "Trying to Prove Manafort's innocence."  I thought our legal system provides for "innocent until proven guilty."  I'm glad you set me straight on what Mueller is doing here.

Manafort has already admitted all sorts of guilt in a lot of this, including a few things we would be screaming about if he had a "D" behind his name- including being an unregistered foreign agent for the Russians interests in Ukraine and for Turkey.

Example:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former-trump-campaign-chairman-paul-manafort-files-as-foreign-agent-for-ukraine-work/2017/06/27/8322b6ac-5b7b-11e7-9fc6-c7ef4bc58d13_story.html?utm_term=.a6c5e9cc108a

http://www.businessinsider.com/manafort-registering-with-us-as-foreign-agent-2017-4

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:19:01 pm by AbaraXas »

Oceander

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2018, 08:20:20 pm »

Whatever.  Since you want to play with straw men and fake arguments, please don’t involve me.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2018, 08:20:30 pm »
What you are missing is that something that happened under the Bush administration is now needed to smear Trump.
..and into the Obama administration, but I definitely get your point.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2018, 08:22:50 pm »
Seems to me it should be a plus in Trump's corner that he dumped him.

Oceander

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2018, 08:23:06 pm »
Manafort has already admitted all sorts of guilt in a lot of this, including a few things we would be screaming about if he had a "D" behind his name- including being an unregistered foreign agent for the Russians interests in Ukraine and for Turkey.

Example:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former-trump-campaign-chairman-paul-manafort-files-as-foreign-agent-for-ukraine-work/2017/06/27/8322b6ac-5b7b-11e7-9fc6-c7ef4bc58d13_story.html?utm_term=.a6c5e9cc108a

http://www.businessinsider.com/manafort-registering-with-us-as-foreign-agent-2017-4

And they already have an email exchange between Manafort and Gates in which they create a fraudulent income statement for Manafort’s business by converting a pdf to word, editing the word document, and converting it back to pdf, in order to add about 3.5 million to his income.  The doctored document was then submitted in support of a loan application.  Pretty damning case of bank fraud. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2018, 08:24:49 pm »
Whatever.  Since you want to play with straw men and fake arguments, please don’t involve me.

Done.  Trash what I say all you want, I've grown rather used to it.  You honor me.

I am not alone with my suspicions of Mueller's motivation re: Manafort.  A certain Judge named "T.S. Ellis III" agrees with my theory about that.
I will NOT comply.