Author Topic: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge  (Read 8828 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 05:52:09 pm »
How did Manafort Launder 30 million Dollars?
What's all that about?
He received money for overseas election work, but wasn't all that pre-Trump?
Manafort and Stone worked to elect thugs, they're no angels, to be sure, but I'm not seeing a crime here.
What am I missing?
https://www.google.com/search?q=manafort+money+laundering

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 05:53:30 pm »
SIT UP AT ATTENTION!!!!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
11 minutes ago

Wow, what a tough sentence for Paul Manafort, who has represented Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other top political people and campaigns. Didn’t know Manafort was the head of the Mob. What about Comey and Crooked Hillary and all of the others? Very unfair!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 05:56:57 pm »
Why deny the guy bail though? Even rapist and murderers get bail.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 05:59:21 pm »
Here's a link where he covers the bases with Manafort, Cohen, and Flynn.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/06/15/trump-answers-questions-manafort-response.cnn/video/playlists/paul-manafort/

This part is particularly amusing...

“I feel badly for General Flynn. He’s lost his house, he’s lost his life. And some people say he lied and some people say he didn’t lie. I mean, really, it turned out maybe he didn’t lie,” Mr. Trump told reporters outside of the White House following a live interview on Fox News early Friday.

Gen. Flynn lost his life?  That usually means you died, but, whatever.  Just remember, the reason why he was fired as National Security advisor was because he lied to Pence about meetings with the Russian ambassador.  If there was a loss of livelihood, it's because he had been fired twice by two different presidents and he had no more options in DC after that.  He would have moved, anyway, and his net worth is somewhere around $7M.  Plus, he has full retirement benefits as a 3 star.  He's fine.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:59:59 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 05:59:31 pm »
Why deny the guy bail though? Even rapist and murderers get bail.

He was originally given bail with certain conditions. He violated those conditions so it was revoked. That would apply to even someone with a warrant for unpaid traffic fines.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 05:59:52 pm »
What's all that about?
Manafort and Stone worked to elect thugs, they're no angels, to be sure, but I'm not seeing a crime here.
What am I missing?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/27/paul-manafort-was-stupid-or-unlucky-most-money-launderers-get-away-with-it-217090

IMO its creepy how several on this thread who seemingly are perfectly OK with the tactics used by this corrupt prosecutor regularly accuse Trump supporters of goose stepping. Who are the storm troopers here?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 06:00:43 pm »

Hi @Fantasywriter welcome to NT headquarters. I didn't know you visit here.

And yet, here you are.  Welcome to the ranks of Never Trumpers.  Have a coffee.  Donuts are on the table by the door.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 06:03:52 pm »
And yet, here you are.  Welcome to the ranks of Never Trumpers.  Have a coffee.  Donuts are on the table by the door.

The funny part is this isn't about Trump, this is about Manafort who has been corrupt long before Trump decided to be a Republican.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2018, 06:04:25 pm »
@Oceander

That may or may not be a good point. If Manafort can prove his prosecution was political (it is) then
he might be able to win in an appeal. Recall that the folks that usually handle these types of cased
decided NOT to prosecute Manafort.  It was the politically driven Meuller that decided to prosecute.

The only reason Mueller picked this up (after being dropped before), and is pushing for Manafort to be thrown in the slammer forever, is because he wants Manafort to turn on Trump and accuse him of eating babies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2018, 06:05:02 pm »
The funny part is this isn't about Trump, this is about Manafort who has been corrupt long before Trump decided to be a Republican.

It is ironic.  It seems everything is really a Trump story.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 06:06:40 pm »
I must be missing an inside joke. It's clear this site isn't restricted to Never-Trumpers.

Offline ABX

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 06:11:14 pm »
I must be missing an inside joke. It's clear this site isn't restricted to Never-Trumpers.

The best way to describe this site is it is a 'free' site. With that comes the shocking and terrifying chance that you may be exposed to opinions different than your own.

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 06:14:45 pm »
The only reason Mueller picked this up (after being dropped before), and is pushing for Manafort to be thrown in the slammer forever, is because he wants Manafort to turn on Trump and accuse him of eating babies.
Trump only ate the baby to own liberals. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 06:18:03 pm »

Restricted’s not exactly the right word. But, there was a time towards the end of primaries when we became highly populated by angry NeverTrumpers who had just been booted or fled from FR. Man those were tough days. Management had its hands full with infighting. Got ugly at times.

But, since then we’ve reach a certain equilibrium among members. It’s mostly cool now.

By the way, you’ll love the “modify post” function we have here. So enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:20:34 pm by aligncare »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 06:21:06 pm »

This site is open to Pastafarians, provided they aren't jerks about it.  When it comes to the Trump Wars (which are still very much a "thing"), both extremes constantly complain their side is the One True Knowledge, and it's also the one that is unfairly persecuted by the Moderators.  The entire Forum is "Run by the 'Others'."

Welcome to TRB, @Fantasywriter!  We believe in Trial by Fire here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »
It's going to take a lot more than Never-Trumpers to shock me with their opinions. I've been around Never-Trumpers for quite a long time . I was initially bemused by people who were convinced that Rosenstein and Mueller were 'white hats,'  but that novelty wore off some time ago.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 06:24:36 pm »
Restricted’s not exactly the right word. But, there was a time towards the end of primaries when we became highly populated by angry NeverTrumpers who had just been booted or fled from FR. Man those were tough days. Management had its hands full with infighting. Got ugly at times.

But, since then we’ve reach a certain equilibrium among members. It’s mostly cool now.

By the way, you’ll love the “modify post” function we have here. So enjoy!

Truedat.  Many of those Refugees have stayed, not because they are on one side or the other, but because they enjoy reading the thoughts of everybody from all over the "Trump Spectrum."  Plus, we have the best Music Threads around, moderated by our own @TomSea and @corbe.  Good Second Amendment threads too, moderated by @txradioguy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 06:25:27 pm »
'But, since then we’ve reach a certain equilibrium'

It sounds like I came at the right time. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 06:27:14 pm »
What's all that about?
What am I missing?

What you are missing is that something that happened under the Bush administration is now needed to smear Trump.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 06:27:38 pm »
'Welcome to TRB, @Fantasywriter! '

Thanks!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2018, 06:28:51 pm »

The feds had the goods on Manafort back in 2014, when they were using him to get Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.  After the ousted prez fled to Russia, they let Manafort walk.  So what does he do with that gift?  He uses his position in the Trump campaign to re-establish contacts in the former world that got him into trouble in the first place.  He is in debt to Russian Oligarch Oleg Deripaska for millions.  It's amazing he's still breathing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/emails-suggest-manafort-sought-approval-from-putin-ally-deripaska/541677/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:33:15 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2018, 06:29:47 pm »
It's going to take a lot more than Never-Trumpers to shock me with their opinions. I've been around Never-Trumpers for quite a long time . I was initially bemused by people who were convinced that Rosenstein and Mueller were 'white hats,'  but that novelty wore off some time ago.

Then there are some of us who have been saying for a long time they are all 'black hats'. They are all a bunch of corrupt crooks fighting each other.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2018, 06:32:12 pm »
Then there are some of us who have been saying for a long time they are all 'black hats'. They are all a bunch of corrupt crooks fighting each other.

Like the SS vs. the SA in 1933 Germany.

Offline ABX

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2018, 06:36:12 pm »
Like the SS vs. the SA in 1933 Germany.

Or the Gambinos versus Genovese.

Oceander

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »
Forget about Trump for a second, what concrete is Manafort accused of doing? I still haven't figured that out.

You could always google the indictment. 

In the Virginia case, he’s charged with multiple counts of filing false income tax returns (he failed to report millions of dollars in income), failure to file FBARs, bank fraud, and bank fraud conspiracy.