Author Topic: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge  (Read 8777 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2018, 05:14:16 pm »
I’m no fan of prosecutors generally; I think that the dregs of the legal profession as often as not end up as prosecutors;

You're thinking of "Dan" from "Night Court?"   :laugh:

Mrs. Liberty worked in the courts for many years, first as a Transcriber, then as a Reporter, and she says the Public Defense attorneys and Prosecutors both ranked equally low on the scale.  The PDs were usually very young and inexperienced, and caused her to go on wild-goose chases looking up bogus cites.  Prosecutors hated cops (Seems backwards, but Prosecutors worked with cops all the time, and knew when they were lying through their teeth on the stand). 

Experience Prosecutors knew the cops where liars, and Defenders are equally sure the Defendants are liars. :shrug:

The best Judges came from the Defense side of the courtroom, because they were sure everybody is lying to some degree.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2018, 05:50:19 pm »
You're thinking of "Dan" from "Night Court?"   :laugh:

Mrs. Liberty worked in the courts for many years, first as a Transcriber, then as a Reporter, and she says the Public Defense attorneys and Prosecutors both ranked equally low on the scale.  The PDs were usually very young and inexperienced, and caused her to go on wild-goose chases looking up bogus cites.  Prosecutors hated cops (Seems backwards, but Prosecutors worked with cops all the time, and knew when they were lying through their teeth on the stand). 

Experience Prosecutors knew the cops where liars, and Defenders are equally sure the Defendants are liars. :shrug:

The best Judges came from the Defense side of the courtroom, because they were sure everybody is lying to some degree.

Generally not enough integrity in a courtroom to fill a small thimble.  Not always but most of the time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2018, 06:12:28 pm »
Generally not enough integrity in a courtroom to fill a small thimble.  Not always but most of the time.

The Clerks, the Bailiffs and the Reporters are good, and that's about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2018, 06:30:43 pm »
The Clerks, the Bailiffs and the Reporters are good, and that's about it.

Yeah!  That's about right.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien