Author Topic: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge  (Read 8750 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/15/manafort-pleads-not-guilty-to-charges-witness-tampering.html

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was jailed Friday after a federal judge revoked his $10 million bail based on new witness tampering charges brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Washington, D.C., Federal District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sent the onetime power player to jail pending trial moments after he pleaded not guilty to the charges, brought against him and his associate, Konstantin Kilimnik of Moscow.

Mueller accused the pair of obstructing justice in the investigation into Russian meddling and potential collusion with Trump campaign associates in 2016.

Manafort's trial before Jackson is expected to take place in September. He is also facing charges brought by Mueller in another federal court, and will appear for that case in August.

More at link...

Kilgore Trout @KT_So_It_Goes
37 minutes ago

TRUMP TOTALLY EXONERATED YET AGAIN

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:40:09 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/15/manafort-pleads-not-guilty-to-charges-witness-tampering.html

More at link...

Kilgore Trout @KT_So_It_Goes
37 minutes ago

TRUMP TOTALLY EXONERATED YET AGAIN

Wow. A fictional Kurt Vonnegut character is being posted as wit on this forum to slam Trump? Looks like the NT's are running out of gas and scraping the gutters for material.

BTW Trump was doing the Apprentice show when these crimes were committed by Manafart. Really doesn't have a damn thing to do with him.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:42:34 pm »

https://twitter.com/JTSantucci/status/1007653431476187136

John Santucci @JTSantucci

Sources close to Trump legal team tell @ABC they're "stunned" by Manafort bail decision.   No response yet from the President's attorneys on today's development.

Didn't see that coming?  Where does Trump find these idiots?  All the real lawyers said no?

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:44:58 pm »
Wow. A fictional Kurt Vonnegut character is being posted as wit on this forum to slam Trump? Looks like the NT's are running out of gas and scraping the gutters for material.

BTW Trump was doing the Apprentice show when these crimes were committed by Manafart. Really doesn't have a damn thing to do with him.
@Frank Cannon

Manafort is in jail now because he tampered with witnesses after the elections.  He will die in jail because Everything Trump Touches Dies.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »
Does it not seem as if a lot of what Mueller does has no other purpose than to poke Trump in the eye? Manafort managed Trump's campaign through the convention and made that event smooth sailing for Trump's team. Mueller's message, it seems to me, is that anyone who helped or supported Trump will be hounded mercilessly.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:44 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Manafort is in jail now because he tampered with witnesses after the elections.  He will die in jail because Everything Trump Touches Dies.

Really? The guy claiming he tampered has cost the US taxpayers in excess of 100 million dollars in payouts to victims who he fabricated evidence against.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 04:56:43 pm »
Does it not seem as if a lot of what Mueller does has no other purpose than to poke Trump in the eye? Manafort managed Trump's campaign through the convention and made that event smooth sailing for Trump's team. Mueller's message, it seems to me, is that anyone who helped or supported Trump will be hounded mercilessly.

It seems to me that Manafort is going to be found guilty of laundering $30 million and defrauding the US because he did it.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 04:58:44 pm »
Really? The guy claiming he tampered has cost the US taxpayers in excess of 100 million dollars in payouts to victims who he fabricated evidence against.

I don't think Manafort will be awarded any money.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:07:06 pm »
'It seems to me that Manafort is going to be found guilty of laundering $30 million and defrauding the US because he did it.'

If the law were applied evenhandedly across the board who could complain.  But in every case the Deep State walks while Trump supporters have the book plus the kitchen sink thrown at them.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 05:09:40 pm »
'It seems to me that Manafort is going to be found guilty of laundering $30 million and defrauding the US because he did it.'

If the law were applied evenhandedly across the board who could complain.  But in every case the Deep State walks while Trump supporters have the book plus the kitchen sink thrown at them.

The “everyone else gets away with it” excuse won’t get you out of a parking ticket or a speeding ticket; why on Earth would it get Manafort off for money laundering and tax evasion?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 05:10:50 pm »

Welcome to TBR, and thanks for a great example of a sweeping generalization!   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 05:14:52 pm »

Hi @Fantasywriter welcome to NT headquarters. I didn't know you visit here.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 05:15:42 pm »

Hi @Fantasywriter welcome to NT headquarters. I didn't know you visit here.

:facepalm2:

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »
The “everyone else gets away with it” excuse won’t get you out of a parking ticket or a speeding ticket; why on Earth would it get Manafort off for money laundering and tax evasion?

Good point.

I heard those jailhouse metal toilets are really cold.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »
     In before someone says IHOTBP*

*I Hire Only The Best people
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 05:22:20 pm »
Good point.

I heard those jailhouse metal toilets are really cold.

@Oceander

That may or may not be a good point. If Manafort can prove his prosecution was political (it is) then
he might be able to win in an appeal. Recall that the folks that usually handle these types of cased
decided NOT to prosecute Manafort.  It was the politically driven Meuller that decided to prosecute.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »
The articles I have been reading about it have been heavy on speculation and short on details.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »
I don't think Manafort will be awarded any money.

Well people were ready to hang the Anthrax dudes until the Mueller lies were exposed.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 05:31:18 pm »
Well people were ready to hang the Anthrax dudes until the Mueller lies were exposed.
Not me, I'm a big fan.
! No longer available

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 05:35:08 pm »
'The “everyone else gets away with it” excuse won’t get you out of a parking ticket or a speeding ticket; why on Earth would it get Manafort off for money laundering and tax evasion?'

You've misstated what I said. All I remarked was that the Deep State should be held to the same standards as are Trump supporters.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 05:36:47 pm »
'welcome to NT headquarters.'

?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 05:39:24 pm »
Forget about Trump for a second, what concrete is Manafort accused of doing? I still haven't figured that out.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 05:41:26 pm »
'thanks for a great example of a sweeping generalization'

Could you kindly name any Democrat of note who has been indicted, arrested and/or jailed by the Sessions DOJ? So far all I've seen are Trump supporters getting the book thrown at them.

Tia.

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 05:43:48 pm »
Forget about Trump for a second, what concrete is Manafort accused of doing? I still haven't figured that out.
Laundering $30 million and defrauding the US.  Manafort says he was just knocking on doors and passing out fliers as part of his campaign intern duties.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:45:16 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 05:48:53 pm »
How did Manafort Launder 30 million Dollars?
What's all that about?
He received money for overseas election work, but wasn't all that pre-Trump?
Manafort and Stone worked to elect thugs, they're no angels, to be sure, but I'm not seeing a crime here.
What am I missing?