Author Topic: Kentucky sues Walgreens for its role in the opioid crisis  (Read 527 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kentucky sues Walgreens for its role in the opioid crisis
« on: June 15, 2018, 02:36:53 pm »
Kentucky sues Walgreens for its role in the opioid crisis
Angelica LaVito 20 hrs ago

Kentucky has sued Walgreens for its role in the state's opioid epidemic.

Attorney General Andy Beshear filed the suit against Walgreens for its dual role as a distributor and a pharmacy, saying it allegedly failed to monitor its own operations and shipped and dispensed large amounts of opioids.

Beshear said Walgreens flooded Kentucky with opioid prescriptions at its more than 70 locations across the state, "directly contributing to the state's drug epidemic."

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/kentucky-sues-walgreens-for-its-role-in-the-opioid-crisis/ar-AAyEnIV?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Kentucky sues Walgreens for its role in the opioid crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »
Typical Democrat Moron, just like his old man who nearly ruined this state.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 06:58:07 pm »
Typical Democrat Moron, just like his old man who nearly ruined this state.

@INVAR

Yeah this one has me scratching my head too since I heard it this morning on TV.

It seems to me that the 5 pain management clinics that were raided in the Louisville area yesterday have done more to fuel the opioid crisis in the area more than Walgreens did.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:43:46 pm »
@INVAR

Yeah this one has me scratching my head too since I heard it this morning on TV.

It seems to me that the 5 pain management clinics that were raided in the Louisville area yesterday have done more to fuel the opioid crisis in the area more than Walgreens did.

But Louisville is an untouchable area because nearly ALL the state politicos have to receive the anointing from Louisville to go on to win state offices.

But going after a larger NATIONAL corporation and blaming them for a crisis that Government has helped to create - is the tried and true mechanics of the Left, which Beshear is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775