Author Topic: Sessions takes responsibility for keeping Rosenstein in charge of Russia investigation  (Read 1236 times)

Online libertybele

Sessions takes responsibility for keeping Rosenstein in charge of Russia investigation

Washington (CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions is taking responsibility for authorizing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to remain in charge of the Russia investigation, and detailed the process by which former FBI Director James Comey was fired.
The comments come amid criticism from Republicans for the Justice Department's decision to keep Rosenstein in charge of the special counsel investigation into Russian election meddling in 2016, and any possible collusion with President Donald Trump's campaign.
Sessions said in an interview released Thursday that he was the one who made the decision to recommend to Trump that he fire Comey, not Rosenstein -- and that therefore Rosenstein isn't disqualified from his role in the Russia investigation.
"That decision ... really fell to me, ultimately, on the Comey matter," Sessions, who recused himself from the Russia investigation, told CNN affiliate Hill.TV's morning show "Rising." "And that's not a disqualifying thing."

South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham told CNN last week that he believes Rosenstein is "conflicted" from overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller's work given his role in Comey's firing -- an issue of interest to the Mueller team as it determines whether the President inappropriately sought to interfere with the Russia investigation.
"If you're looking at obstruction of justice misconduct post-presidency, the Comey firing as being a form of obstruction of justice, then Rosenstein is a key witness in that and you can't be a witness and oversee the investigation," Graham told CNN.
Graham also sent Rosenstein a short letter questioning whether he needs to recuse himself from the investigation............

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/jeff-sessions-rod-rosenstein-recusal/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Rosenstein control of the investigation corrupts the entire investigation.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Graham also sent Rosenstein a short letter questioning whether he needs to recuse himself from the investigation............

Congress needs to send a letter to Mueller shutting down this travesty of justice.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:05:55 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jpsb

Congress needs to send a letter to Mueller shutting down this travesty of justice.

Jeff Sessions is a real POS covering for Rosenstein. He has become a despicable man.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Jeff Sessions is a real POS covering for Rosenstein. He has become a despicable man.

Become?  He has always been a party man.  Party above all else.  Except we thought his party was the GOP when its really the deep state corruption.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Tell us about the other regrets you have, Jeff.

Maybe being in the wrong position?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Worst AG, ever!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yeah!  Right after they build the wall, repeal Obamacare, lock up crooked Hillary, and pass 1 meaningful piece of legislation this year.

Online libertybele

:amen:  He was bought and paid for right before he assumed the position of AG.  IMHO, since Giuliani suggested that Trump appoint him, our POTUS needs to look closely in his rear view mirror.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

:amen:  He was bought and paid for right before he assumed the position of AG.  IMHO, since Giuliani suggested that Trump appoint him, our POTUS needs to look closely in his rear view mirror.

Paul Manafort Michael Flynn George Papadopoulos Michael Cohen AG Sessions Anthony Scaramucci Rob Porter Sebastian Gorka Tom Price Omarosa

How does President Trump attract so many deplorable people?

Offline dfwgator

Tell us about the other regrets you have, Jeff.

Maybe being in the wrong position?

We gave up a Senate seat for this?

We gave up a Senate seat for this?
You gave up a Senate seat for Roy Moore

You gave up a Senate seat for Roy Moore
Are you suggesting that Sessions would have stepped down if not being appointed AG?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Are you suggesting that Sessions would have stepped down if not being appointed AG?
@IsailedawayfromFR
I suggesting a human candidate would have retained the seat for the GOP

@IsailedawayfromFR
I suggesting a human candidate would have retained the seat for the GOP
so we see how you differentiate.  Thanks for insight

Online libertybele

Sessions says he is taking responsibility.  So what does that exactly mean Jeff?  Does that mean Rosenstein will be investigated and held accountable??  Ya right.   :silly:

so we see how you differentiate.  Thanks for insight
You're welcome.  Thanx for asking.