Author Topic: IG report: DOJ official sought Clinton campaign job for son, then shared case info with Podesta  (Read 586 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IG report: DOJ official sought Clinton campaign job for son, then shared case info with Podesta

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

The Justice Department inspector general report released Thursday faulted a former DOJ official for sending then-Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta a “heads up” about the release schedule for Clinton’s emails -- as he also tried to get his son a job with the campaign.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report found that former Assistant Attorney General Peter Kadzik demonstrated “poor judgment” in failing to recognize appearances of a conflict of interest or properly recuse himself from investigations related to Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The report, which looked at the FBI and DOJ's handling of the Clinton email investigation, found that Kadzik asked Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon in April 2015 for a job for his son -- while Kadzik was involved in discussions about Clinton-related matters.

“Hope all is well with you, [Fallon’s wife], the kids, and the candidate,” Kadzik said in response to an email from Fallon. “Let me know if you or someone else needs a great assistant; my 25 year old son is ready for [Clinton].” A job was not offered to Kadzik’s son.

The IG report said Kadzik should have recused himself from Clinton matters at that point or disclosed the circumstances to supervisors, which he did not.

Less than a month later, Kadzik emailed Podesta informing him of the schedule for the release of Clinton’s emails. Kadzik and Podesta have a “long standing personal and professional relationship,” after Kadzik served as Podesta’s lawyer in 1998 during Independent Counsel Ken Starr’s investigation into President Bill Clinton.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/14/ig-report-doj-official-sought-clinton-campaign-job-for-son-then-shared-case-info-with-podesta.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would call this a giant cluster f... but that would demean the term.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Just damn. This is real collusion.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just damn. This is real collusion.

Of the first order!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm watching Wray lie his way through the report and praising the FBI to the skies. 9999hair out0000
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm watching Wray lie his way through the report and praising the FBI to the skies. 9999hair out0000

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

- J. R. R. Tolkien