Author Topic: Ryan Not Comfortable With Separating Parents, Kids at Border  (Read 2096 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday he's not comfortable with a Trump administration policy that separates children and parents at the southern border, as House Republicans, under increasing pressure to address the humanitarian crisis, raced to finish a new immigration bill.

"We don't want kids to be separated from their parents," Ryan said, adding that the policy is being dictated by a court ruling that prevents children who enter the country illegally from being held in custody for long periods.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi pushed back on that assessment, saying that President Donald Trump could "stop the practice on a dime."

She called the Trump administration's separation policy "barbaric," adding: "It has to stop."
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/paul-ryan-immigration-policy-families/2018/06/14/id/866221/
Dear Speaker:  When we incarcerate a parent, we separate the kids from him/her.

Are you suggesting we never do that in the future, so we will never have a father or mother ever imprisoned?

I suggest you take your W 'Compassionate Conservatism' back to Wisconsin and let those people know where you stand.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ryan Not Comfortable With Separating Parents, Kids at Border
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 09:31:43 pm »
I look forward to the day when I no longer hear the name Paul Ryan in connection with any political office.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:00:36 pm »
Dear Speaker:  When we incarcerate a parent, we separate the kids from him/her.

Are you suggesting we never do that in the future, so we will never have a father or mother ever imprisoned?

I suggest you take your W 'Compassionate Conservatism' back to Wisconsin and let those people know where you stand.

Damn straight.  Ain't no room for compassion in Trump's Murica! :patriot:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:03:38 pm »

Don't like the treatment you get at a restaurant, you are free to go to a different one. I hear Canada is nice this time of year.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:04:01 pm »
I'm not,either. Send them all back.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:11:46 pm »

As there's no room for logic in your's.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:11 pm »
I'm not,either. Send them all back.
Right. Put 'em all on the same bus....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 11:13:06 pm »

:amen: to that!  And he isn't alone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 11:19:47 pm »
Why don't you exhibit your compassion by taking them in yourself?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:44 pm »

It's compassion for the REAL American people!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:33 pm »
that's fair.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:59:16 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 01:07:03 pm »
that's fair.

We incarcerate people every day and separate kids from parents.

Are you advocating that no one goes to jail if one is a parent?

Exactly what in your mind is the difference?

Breaking the law has consequences, and the lawbreakers must suffer,a s they all do in our judicial system.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:02 pm »
We incarcerate people every day and separate kids from parents.

Are you advocating that no one goes to jail if one is a parent?

Exactly what in your mind is the difference?

Breaking the law has consequences, and the lawbreakers must suffer,a s they all do in our judicial system.

@IsailedawayfromFR

We even take children away from abusive parents,as well as take out of control kids away from parents that can't control them. Granted,we don't do the later NEARLY as much as we should,but it is done occasionally.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 02:23:18 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

We even take children away from abusive parents,as well as take out of control kids away from parents that can't control them. Granted,we don't do the later NEARLY as much as we should,but it is done occasionally.

And surely it is abuse to drag a small child like the one in the picture through the desert to enter illegally.  Its time this country starts referring to illegal entry for what it is.  Breaking the law.  Putting children in physical danger.  Not only from the desert where they can run out of water or become disoriented.  There are all kind of dangers for those who do this including becoming victims of the cartel that runs the border.  Rape is a regular occurrence.  Human trafficking.  Drug smuggling.  Terrorists even enter there.  Yeah bring your young daughter to the border right?

To the people who sympathize with this I would say don't be confused.  The border is a business.  People who bring their children have no regards for the safety of them.

I know this is Aljazeera but the story is an accurate representation of the dangers these people drag the children through.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/01/deadly-human-trafficking-business-mexico-border-160117073423022.html

And to make my point even more clear here is the truth about the horror of human trafficking at the border.  For at least a week here in Washington state we have been hearing about these parents separated and detained here.  Oh the sympathies and crocodile tears for these parents.  Not from me.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/11/mexican-woman-border-child-traffic
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:42:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 02:34:25 pm »
This is awful. The feds can at least wait to see if these parents try to homeschool their kids before seizing them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 02:40:57 pm »
And surely it is abuse to drag a small child like the one in the picture through the desert to enter illegally.  Its time this country starts referring to illegal entry for what it is.  Breaking the law.  Putting children in physical danger.  Not only from the desert where they can run out of water or become disoriented.  There are all kind of dangers for those who do this including becoming victims of the cartel that runs the border.  Rape is a regular occurrence.  Human trafficking.  Drug smuggling.  Terrorists even enter there.  Yeah bring your young daughter to the border right?

To the people who sympathize with this I would say don't be confused.  The border is a business.  People who bring their children have no regards for the safety of them.

I know this is Aljazeera but the story is an accurate representation of the dangers these people drag the children through.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/01/deadly-human-trafficking-business-mexico-border-160117073423022.html

@Chosen Daughter

WHAT YOU SAID!   :amen:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 02:43:56 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

WHAT YOU SAID!   :amen:

:amen:

Speaker Ryan wants to be a crime enabler.  An abuse and child trafficking enabler.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 02:51:38 pm »
:amen:

Speaker Ryan wants to be a crime enabler.  An abuse and child trafficking enabler.

@Chosen Daughter

An obvious exaggeration for political spin purposes. Ryan is just a typical political weasel that will play any card he has to play to further his political career. I seriously doubt he wants to see those children harmed.

Offline endicom

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 03:16:12 pm »
“I certainly wouldn’t sign the more moderate one,” Trump told “Fox & Friends.” “I need a bill that gives this country tremendous border security. I have to have that,” adding, “we have to have a wall. If we don't have the wall, there's no bill.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/06/15/trumps-impromptu-interview-n2491099

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 06:32:04 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

An obvious exaggeration for political spin purposes. Ryan is just a typical political weasel that will play any card he has to play to further his political career. I seriously doubt he wants to see those children harmed.

I agree.  Ryan is just giving in to the maudlin sentimentality promoted by the dems (in this instance only).  He obviously didn't think it through or the prisons would be emptied immediately.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 06:47:50 pm »
Where's the compassion for those who have fallen victim at the hands of illegals??  Where's the compassion for their kids who are now PERMANENTLY separated from their mothers or fathers?

ILLEGALS are here ILLEGALLY.  DEPORT THEM ALL!!!! With NO chance of citizenship.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 02:09:53 am »
@Chosen Daughter

Yeah Ryan just another do gooder that doesn't do good at all.  Whether on purpose or not, which is questionable.  I am sure that the Speaker of the House knows what kind of business goes on at the border.  If he isn't educated on the dangers children are put through by their criminal parents he should educate himself.  It should be very easy.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 02:15:40 am »
Sounds like it could be an excuse...make others feel guilty, get the cheap labor express going.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 02:24:57 am »
I agree.  Ryan is just giving in to the maudlin sentimentality promoted by the dems (in this instance only).  He obviously didn't think it through or the prisons would be emptied immediately.

Ryan is a social justice warrior for the Catholic church who believe they have to help all of the illegals.  It is time we stop lying about what is going on at the border.  It is so convenient to shrug it all off as tribalism........

FULL TEXT: Speaker Ryan’s Address to the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast

May 23, 2018|Speaker Ryan's Press Office

WASHINGTON—At the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast today, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) urged all Catholics to come together to address the spread of tribalism and identity politics in our country. Following are Speaker Ryan’s remarks, as prepared for delivery: 

https://www.speaker.gov/press-release/full-text-speaker-ryan-s-address-national-catholic-prayer-breakfast

I say that we are complacent with crime.  We allow rape, and human trafficking.  We are partners with the Cartel for a long time.  If we fail to stop the crime business on the border we are responsible if Cartels shoot and kill people and bury them in the desert.  If they light young women on fire and kick them while they are burning.  If they sell the 7 year old girl to the highest US bidder for sex.   Oh, ssshhhhhh we wouldn't want anyone to hear the horror of illegal immigration.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:32:42 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 06:31:02 am »
Ryan is a social justice warrior for the Catholic church who believe they have to help all of the illegals.  It is time we stop lying about what is going on at the border.  It is so convenient to shrug it all off as tribalism........

FULL TEXT: Speaker Ryan’s Address to the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast

May 23, 2018|Speaker Ryan's Press Office

WASHINGTON—At the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast today, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) urged all Catholics to come together to address the spread of tribalism and identity politics in our country. Following are Speaker Ryan’s remarks, as prepared for delivery: 

https://www.speaker.gov/press-release/full-text-speaker-ryan-s-address-national-catholic-prayer-breakfast

I say that we are complacent with crime.  We allow rape, and human trafficking.  We are partners with the Cartel for a long time.  If we fail to stop the crime business on the border we are responsible if Cartels shoot and kill people and bury them in the desert.  If they light young women on fire and kick them while they are burning.  If they sell the 7 year old girl to the highest US bidder for sex.   Oh, ssshhhhhh we wouldn't want anyone to hear the horror of illegal immigration.
I must just be a bad Catholic. The peoples invading this country were conquered by Spanish and Portugese Catholics. My people are English Catholics (a big part of the reason they came here). While all are technically Roman Catholics, and you can try to equate those Catholic Heritages, but, frankly, there are a lot of differences.

Still, much of the problem with the invaders consists of severe cultural differences, and a language barrier which will not even allow the conceptualization of the differences between those who penned the Magna Carta and events of that time on the Iberian Peninsula. If the Church wants to help those seeking to enter our borders, kindly do so by helping them in their own country and sparing them the false hope that leads to the crimes against humanity perpetrated by those who exploit that hope.

Secure the border, and make that known, well known, internationally. Let those who would immigrate legally do so, and let the rest find the means to change their country to be more what they want at home.Maybe His HOliness should work on that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis