Author Topic: Trump, in Fox News interview, says of Kim Jong Un: 'We understand each other'  (Read 12437 times)

Offline Fantom

Yeah. We should get back into the Regime Change business. Your pal GWB really hit one out of the park ending the oppression in Iraq with us taking Saddam out.

BTW I don't give a royal shit about what is going on in Kims regime. I do care about nukes being dropped on Pacific countries or our own West Coast. That being said, the best way to get things normalized there isn't to start another effing war which you seem to have a fetish for. It is trying to inject some sense into the megalomaniac running North Korea. If that takes verbal stroking by the US President, that's fine by me. It won't cost one damn soldiers life.

Amen  :beer:

Realpolitik.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline darroll

Clinton's would of paid the little king off long ago.
Yea, peace until the money is gone.

Offline Fantom

Clinton's would of paid the little king off long ago.
Yea, peace until the money is gone.

Hell, pay them off... clintons/obamas helped fund them.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How do empty words that are ignored hold anyone "accountable"?

Are you willing to let our insistence on human rights scuttle a potential agreement on nuclear weapons?  Because I'm not.  And if you are, that's our key point of disagreement.

Every speech every conversation Reagan had concerning Russia he never kissed Gorbachev's ass with fawning praise and compliments towards the Soviet head of state...he called them what they were...an evil empire and he never...ever forgot to bring up the dissidents and the political prisoners being held in the gulags.

He gave them hope. To this day they love him for remembering them...for fighting for them.

And because of his tough unyielding positions the Iron Curtain came down.

People here like to falsely compare Trump to Reagan...yet Reagan did things to bring about change that Trump is incapable of doing.

Human rights MUST be part of ANY agreement and/or negotiations.

To do otherwise is to condone the horrific things being done to the people of the DRPK and any citizen of any nation they snatch and imprison.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:02:22 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I respect @txradioguy opinion but I think he is (and others) are off on thier  take on this.   I see Trump dealings with rockteman more likened to feeding the ego of a hostage taker.  Tell him what he wants to hear.  Get him to the table.   Trump did that and we are at the table.   

No loss of face.  He is playing the player.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I respect @txradioguy opinion but I think he is (and others) are off on thier  take on this.   I see Trump dealings with rockteman more likened to feeding the ego of a hostage taker.  Tell him what he wants to hear.  Get him to the table.   Trump did that and we are at the table.   

Being nice to someone like Kim is like petting a tiger...just because he's purring at this moment doesn't mean he won't eat you in a heartbeat and go on about his way.

It's utter madness that people here think praising a murdering thug will someho make him change his ways.

What will the excuses be if it's actually Trump and the U.S. get played.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:05:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Frank Cannon

Finally. Someone gets it. Top Notch.

Offline Frank Cannon

Being nice to someone like Kim is like petting a tiger...just because he's purring at this moment doesn't mean he won't eat you in a heartbeat and go on about his way.

It's utter madness that people here think praising a murdering thug will somehowake him change his ways.

Don't need him to change his ways. Just need him to stop with the nukes.

Offline WingNot

It's utter madness that people here think praising a murdering thug will someho make him change his ways.

What will the excuses be if it's actually Trump and the U.S. get played.

What excuses would be needed for trying?  We haven't given up a thing as of today?

Offline Fantom

It's utter madness that people here think praising a murdering thug will somehowake him change his ways.

Real politick .  FDR/Stalin, many examples.

I do note that the nukes are not being tested, the missiles are not flying ..causing Americans in Hawaii to panic. 

Seems to me the Trump doctrine is actually working, Lord knows the Clinton/Bush/Obama doctrine has not worked. So what a WWE(wrestling reference) photo opp for Kim....meh :shrug: if some face saving ends  the Americans in Honolulu  doing the "duck and cover".

Pretty damned good ... and Trump owns it.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Real politick .  FDR/Stalin, many examples.

I do note that the nukes are not being tested, the missiles are not flying ..causing Americans in Hawaii to panic. 

Seems to me the Trump doctrine is actually working, Lord knows the Clinton/Bush/Obama doctrine has not worked. So what a WWE(wrestling reference) photo opp for Kim....meh :shrug: if some face saving ends  the Americans in Honolulu  doing the "duck and cover".

Pretty damned good ... and Trump owns it.

Trump doctorine is working?

Really?

Until there are actually verifiable instances of missiles and their payload being destroyed...nothing is working

Until the North Korean labor caps are closed and the political prisoners freed...nothing is working.

Until that point it's all pipe dreams and wishes.

And it's foolish to believe otherwise.

Offline WingNot

Finally. Someone gets it. Top Notch.

We have many posters who are obtuse on this subject and many other issues concerning the Trump.

@Frank Cannon

Offline Fantom

Trump doctorine is working?

Really?

Until there are actually verifiable instances of missiles and their payload being destroyed...nothing is working

Until the North Korean labor caps are closed and the political prisoners freed...nothing is working.

Until that point it's all pipe dreams and wishes.

And it's foolish to believe otherwise.

Last first as is my won't... Nork labor camps/internal prisoners have nothing to do with the security of our People. Are you willing to have our cities nuked to satisfy that ...Until the North Korean labor caps are closed and the political prisoners freed...nothing is working. ... BS?

You lessen yourself in my regard.

Again... nukes are not being tested, missiles are not making our People, I care most about us.... our People in Hawaii are not thinking they have 10 minutes to live.... that actually happened you know. It was a false alarm because of a democrat run governmnet failure.

Do you really want to go back to that?

Nothing is working indeed.  :rolling:

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What excuses would be needed for trying?  We haven't given up a thing as of today?

Are you serious?  You are seriously sounding like you want to give Trump a participation trophy when you say that.

Yeah we have given up a lot.

We've given Kim and the brutal regieme a lifeline...we've legitimized them and our President...the supposed leader of the Free world is praising his supposed polar opposite. Someone who murders family members and keeps imprisoned hundreds of thousands of his own people every year.

What have we given up? 

For neay 60nyeara the Norks have thrown a tantrum because of the joint exercises we hold with a strategic partner...and now we won't because Kim said stop.

OUR President blamed HIS could try for why this little sh*bag in Pyongyang won't honor his end of any agreement with us.

And you ask whahave we given up?

This things lackeys tortured an American citizen to the point of being brain dead and taken off life support 48 hours after being returned to his family.

And you have the unmitigatedbgall to ask what have we given up?

Wing...dude...I thought you had better sense than that.

Offline WingNot

Are you serious?  You are seriously sounding like you want to give Trump a participation trophy when you say that.

Yeah we have given up a lot.

We've given Kim and the brutal regieme a lifeline...we've legitimized them and our President...the supposed leader of the Free world is praising his supposed polar opposite. Someone who murders family members and keeps imprisoned hundreds of thousands of his own people every year.

What have we given up? 

For neay 60nyeara the Norks have thrown a tantrum because of the joint exercises we hold with a strategic partner...and now we won't because Kim said stop.

OUR President blamed HIS could try for why this little sh*bag in Pyongyang won't honor his end of any agreement with us.

And you ask whahave we given up?

This things lackeys tortured an American citizen to the point of being brain dead and taken off life support 48 hours after being returned to his family.

And you have the unmitigatedbgall to ask what have we given up?

Wing...dude...I thought you had better sense than that.

I can't talk to you when you go off like this.  Maybe later.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Last first as is my won't... Nork labor camps/internal prisoners have nothing to do with the security of our People. Are you willing to have our cities nuked to satisfy that ...Until the North Korean labor caps are closed and the political prisoners freed...nothing is working. ... BS?

Again... nukes are not being tested, missiles are not making our People, I care most about us.... our People in Hawaii are not thinking they have 10 minutes to live.... that actually happened you know. It was a false alarm because of a democrat run governmnet failure.

You are making the same arguments Liberals made about Russia in the 80"s and China in the 90"s.

Congratulations. You're repeating the talking points of the Liberal left.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I can't talk to you when you go off like this.  Maybe later.

Yeah I guess I'm making too much sense right now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yeah I guess I'm making too much sense right now.

You guessed wrong, grasshopper.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fantom

You are making the same arguments Liberals made about Russia in the 80"s and China in the 90"s.

Congratulations. You're repeating the talking points of the Liberal left.

Well, that is false.

In the 80's and 90's..indeed even today, both those countries are still "flying missiles"  and being geopolitical foes. However they have as much to lose with M.A.D. as we. Norks...not so much.

Which  brings back the truth... Norks are not flying missiles/testing nucks, Hawaiians are not doing the duck and cover.

You have not answered my question. Do you wish to return to that? Or acknowledge that the Trump doctrine is working.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You guessed wrong, grasshopper.

Coming from you that tells me I'm right in my assertion.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Every speech every conversation Reagan had concerning Russia he never kissed Gorbachev's ass with fawning praise and compliments towards the Soviet head of state...he called them what they were...an evil empire and he never...ever forgot to bring up the dissidents and the political prisoners being held in the gulags.

He gave them hope. To this day they love him for remembering them...for fighting for them.

And because of his tough unyielding positions the Iron Curtain came down.

People here like to falsely compare Trump to Reagan...yet Reagan did things to bring about change that Trump is incapable of doing.

Human rights MUST be part of ANY agreement and/or negotiations.

To do otherwise is to condone the horrific things being done to the people of the DRPK and any citizen of any nation they snatch and imprison.

@txradioguy

How many of our children are you willing to sacrifice?

If the war ends and NK opens up to trade and social transfer the human rights abuses will stop.  They'll have to.

Already today SK is doing cultural exchanges, essentially concerts in NK.  First time in a long time those have happened.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, that is false

That you think it's false is delusional.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Don't need him to change his ways. Just need him to stop with the nukes.

Excellent point.