Author Topic: Trump, in Fox News interview, says of Kim Jong Un: 'We understand each other'  (Read 12435 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
President Trump, in an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier, indicated he is willing to set aside concerns over Kim Jong Un’s human rights abuses in pursuit of a denuclearization deal but said he will only consider recent U.S. efforts a success if North Korea actually gives up its nuclear weapons.

“I only consider it successful if it gets done,” Trump said Wednesday night on “Special Report.” “I think we have done something very historic already in one way. But to me a success is when it gets done.”

The president spoke to Fox News on Air Force One before departing Singapore, where he and Kim met for a high-stakes nuclear summit on Tuesday. “I think we have a very good relationship. We understand each other,” Trump said of Kim.

Asked about the human rights abuses and executions conducted by Kim’s regime, the president called Kim a “tough guy” but said “a lot of other people” have “done some really bad things” too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/13/trump-in-fox-news-interview-says-kim-jong-un-understand-each-other.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

Oh, okay, no big deal, then. The families in concentration camps will be very relieved.

Offline Fantom

Oh, okay, no big deal, then. The families in concentration camps will be very relieved.

Well, the Americans in Hawaii  certainly are. As well as the people in Seoul. No doubt , your concern will get better too.

Or things could stay the same.... or worse.

We kept Hirohito in charge of Japan... as a figurehead anyways. Seems his crimes against Humanity were far worse... Rape of Nanking... Battan Death March.

And that was after a world war...including nukes.   :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

Well, the Americans in Hawaii  certainly are. As well as the people in Seoul. No doubt , your concern will get better too.

Or things could stay the same.... or worse.

We kept Hirohito in charge of Japan... as a figurehead anyways. Seems his crimes against Humanity were far worse... Rape of Nanking... Battan Death March.

And that was after a world war...including nukes.   :pondering:

@Fantom

Yes, I'm aware of WWII history.  I don't think Hirohito was kept on during ongoing atrocities, was he?  I'd like to see those being performed in North Korea come to an end. 

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

Yes, I'm aware of WWII history.  I don't think Hirohito was kept on during ongoing atrocities, was he?  I'd like to see those being performed in North Korea come to an end.

Last first as is my wont. Certainly, we all wish to see those atrocities  in Nork ended. Without question. First nukes ....... I also would like to see Tommy Robinson released from an English prison before the moslems there "Warmbler" him.

As for Hirohito, a bit of info for you. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Hirohito

Now , maybe McAuther was a bit less cordial to Hirohito than Trump to Kim...https://www.quora.com/Did-Douglas-Mac-Arthur-humiliate-Hirohito-Emperor-and-Japanese-peoples-when-he-come-to-Japan-as-the-conqueror

But then, it did not cost a half a million American dead to meet Kim.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:20:55 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah this whole playing nice and talking in glowing terms about a brutal despot and talking about how much Kim loves people is not what the President should be saying right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The moral equivalency in defense of our President now playing footsie with a dictator is inexcusable.

Silver Pines

Yeah this whole playing nice and talking in glowing terms about a brutal despot and talking about how much Kim loves people is not what the President should be saying right now.

@txradioguy

Did you hear the newest one?  Honestly, Trump cannot be this stupid.  Can he?  I'm at a loss.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/trump-north-korea-kim-jong-un/index.html

"He's the head of the country," Trump said of Kim Friday during a live interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "And I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different."
"He speaks and his people sit up at attention," the President added. "I want my people to do the same."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The moral equivalency in defense of our President now playing footsie with a dictator is inexcusable.

@txradioguy
Too bad he didn't check with you for pointers on how to negotiate a peaceful end to an 80 year war.

But Im curious, what methods do you think would be more effective at avoiding a nuclear war?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

Comparable to Dubya saying "he saw into Putin's soul", or somesuch.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

@txradioguy
Too bad he didn't check with you for pointers on how to negotiate a peaceful end to an 80 year war.

But Im curious, what methods do you think would be more effective at avoiding a nuclear war?

Umm, get back to me when the Nork nukes and launch sites have been demolished. Until then, I shall retain my skepticism.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

@txradioguy

Did you hear the newest one?  Honestly, Trump cannot be this stupid.  Can he?  I'm at a loss.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/trump-north-korea-kim-jong-un/index.html

"He's the head of the country," Trump said of Kim Friday during a live interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "And I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different."
"He speaks and his people sit up at attention," the President added. "I want my people to do the same."

Lemme guess: Ainsley, Brian, & Steve effusively nodded their heads in agreement.

Just as CNN stood for Clinton News Network, and MSNBC was the Obama News Network, Fox is the Trump News Network.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You have my attention Mr President.  Keep telling your jokes.  Do the "no collusion" one again.

Silver Pines

Lemme guess: Ainsley, Brian, & Steve effusively nodded their heads in agreement.

Just as CNN stood for Clinton News Network, and MSNBC was the Obama News Network, Fox is the Trump News Network.

@Night Hides Not

I think he was on the White House lawn talking to a reporter when he dropped that one.  I have no doubt the Fox crew would do handstands to excuse it.

Silver Pines

You have my attention Mr President.  Keep telling your jokes.  Do the "no collusion" one again.

@Once-Ler

That's right, it was a joke, he later said.

"For the love of God, somebody go tell him he just can't say that!  Who's it going to be?  Not me, I did it last time."

Offline Night Hides Not

@Night Hides Not

I think he was on the White House lawn talking to a reporter when he dropped that one.  I have no doubt the Fox crew would do handstands to excuse it.

Or playing the pretzel game...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Let's hope no symphony plays the wrong notes for Trump then.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Fantom

Yeah. We should get back into the Regime Change business. Your pal GWB really hit one out of the park ending the oppression in Iraq with us taking Saddam out.

BTW I don't give a royal shit about what is going on in Kims regime. I do care about nukes being dropped on Pacific countries or our own West Coast. That being said, the best way to get things normalized there isn't to start another effing war which you seem to have a fetish for. It is trying to inject some sense into the megalomaniac running North Korea. If that takes verbal stroking by the US President, that's fine by me. It won't cost one damn soldiers life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yeah. We should get back into the Regime Change business. Your pal GWB really hit one out of the park ending the oppression in Iraq with us taking Saddam out.

BTW I don't give a royal shit about what is going on in Kims regime. I do care about nukes being dropped on Pacific countries or our own West Coast. That being said, the best way to get things normalized there isn't to start another effing war which you seem to have a fetish for. It is trying to inject some sense into the megalomaniac running North Korea. If that takes verbal stroking by the US President, that's fine by me. It won't cost one damn soldiers life.

We are not going to accomplish a damn thing with North Korea if we insist on virtue-signalling on the issue of human rights.  There is no chance -- none -- that North Korea will do a deal if they believe our goal is to force changes inside their country.  Nor will Kim do any deal that looks like he is "backing down" to the U.S..  His ego won't permit it.  So Trump tells giant whoppers about how they're buddies, that Kim is a great leader, and that we will lead his people to a new world.  That may well be the only approach, short of war, that has a chance of working.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
We are not going to accomplish a damn thing with North Korea if we insist on virtue-signalling on the issue of human rights.  There is no chance -- none -- that North Korea will do a deal if they believe our goal is to force changes inside their country.  Nor will Kim do any deal that looks like he is "backing down" to the U.S..  His ego won't permit it.  So Trump tells giant whoppers about how they're buddies, that Kim is a great leader, and that we will lead his people to a new world.  That may well be the only approach, short of war, that has a chance of working.

You do know accusing everyone of virtue signaling is the highest form of virtue signaling.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You do know accusing everyone of virtue signaling is the highest form of virtue signaling.
I wish I wrote that. goopo

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

What virtue does it signal?

Oceander

Ahh, you’re just virtue signaling!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Actually accusing someone of accusing someone of virtue signaling is worse
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

I never heard the phrase virtue signaling till this last silly season. I wonder where and by whom it was first used?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:04:20 pm by aligncare »