Author Topic: Trey Gowdy on DOJ inspector general report: 'This is not the FBI our country needs'  (Read 801 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trey Gowdy on DOJ inspector general report: 'This is not the FBI our country needs'
by Melissa Quinn
 | June 14, 2018 02:04 PM

House Oversight Chairman Trey Gowdy said he is “alarmed, angered, and deeply disappointed” by the findings of a report from the Justice Department’s internal watchdog examining the department and FBI’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

“This report confirms investigative decisions made by the FBI during the pendency of this investigation were unprecedented and deviated from traditional investigative procedures in favor of a much more permissive and voluntary approach,” Gowdy, R-S.C., said in a statement Thursday. “This is not the way normal investigations are run. The investigation was mishandled.”

The Justice Department’s inspector general released to the highly anticipated report on the FBI and Justice Department’s conduct during the Clinton email investigation Thursday afternoon.

The report details the missteps taken by the Justice Department and FBI during the course of the probe, and also condemns former FBI Director James Comey and other top officials within the department.

The inspector general’s report will hit Comey for “departing so clearly and dramatically from FBI and department norms,” according to conclusions of the report, first obtained by Bloomberg. The watchdog, though, concluded it “did not find that these decisions were the result of political bias” on his part.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trey-gowdy-on-doj-inspector-general-report-this-is-not-the-fbi-our-country-needs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
and what is Gowdy gonna do about it?   nothin
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yep!  Bluff,bluster,  and not much else.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Exactly.  Nobody gonna do nuffin' about it.

Corruption is endemic to how this entire government now operates.

Which is why any real solid attempts made by Trump to end it - are going to be derailed, even by the leaders in his own party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Exactly.  Nobody gonna do nuffin' about it.

Corruption is endemic to how this entire government now operates.

Which is why any real solid attempts made by Trump to end it - are going to be derailed, even by the leaders in his own party.

@INVAR
Well the fact that so many NTs bitch and moan about every little thing doesn't help him try to change it.  If anything it emboldens those trying to keep things the same.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Not much new here. Joseph di Genova and Mark Levin had most of this one year ago.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

@INVAR
Well the fact that so many NTs bitch and moan about every little thing doesn't help him try to change it.  If anything it emboldens those trying to keep things the same.

Nobody is stopping him from ordering Sessions to investigate and prosecute all this crap.

He came out of the gate saying the Clintons "had suffered enough and were good people".

He set the standard and the tone the day after he was elected.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR

Horsefeathers, no it doesn't.

Neither Trump or the ruling class oligarchy give a rat's ass what we think about anything.  We could protest millions strong and it still will not deter Trump from doing and saying what he wants to do, or dissuade the corrupt oligarchs in power from doing what they do.  Our criticisms of Trump no more 'embolden' the Left than it does all by their lonesomes because our criticisms are rooted in the principles they despise and hold in contempt.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online dfwgator

So what the f*@# are you going to do about it, Trey?

Don't say it, I already know the answer.

Offline Frank Cannon

So what the f*@# are you going to do about it, Trey?

Don't say it, I already know the answer.

Trey does a lot of talking but never delivers. He will not be missed when he goes back to selling used Datsuns.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trey does a lot of talking but never delivers. He will not be missed when he goes back to selling used Datsuns.

I had no idea there was still a market.

Is it in Pyongyang?

Offline Frank Cannon

I had no idea there was still a market.

Is it in Pyongyang?

Actually on a serious note, the Datsun market has never been hotter. Clean running 510's are crossing the $20K mark. First gen Z cars are hot too.