Author Topic: Education Department shed more than 550 positions under DeVos: report  (Read 446 times)

Online corbe

Education Department shed more than 550 positions under DeVos: report

By Aris Folley - 06/13/18 06:52 PM EDT   

The Education Department cut more than 550 workers between President Trump’s inauguration and April of this year, according to an Inside Higher Ed report released Wednesday.

The department, led by Betsy DeVos, said the 13 percent reduction in staff came as a result of attrition and voluntary early retirement, the publication reported.

But DeVos has made deregulation — which necessitates significant staffing — a key part of her tenure as Education Secretary. Civil rights workers, according to Inside Higher Ed, have been part of those rollbacks, despite the department's reported aims to reduce a backlog of federal complaints.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/392175-education-department-shed-more-than-550-positions-under-devos-report
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's a good start!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien