Author Topic: The Threat to National Security That Hardly Anyone Is Watching  (Read 864 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When I was elected in 2016, the national debt was nearing $20 trillion. The annual structural deficit—meaning how much more the federal government spends than it rakes in—approached $1 trillion.

Now, the national debt exceeds $21 trillion.

For many months, tax and regulatory reform has stimulated the economy, producing record federal revenue. Sadly, our deficits continue to rise. With help from Democrats, Republicans spent wildly in the recent omnibus bill. As it turns out, Republicans like to spend other people’s money just as much as Democrats.

I constantly remind my colleagues that our national debt and deficit spending constitute existential threat to the nation. In fact, I recently introduced a resolution with more than two dozen of my colleagues acknowledging that America’s debt jeopardizes our nation’s security.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/06/11/the-threat-to-national-security-that-hardly-anyone-is-watching/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tds-tw

------------

Finally, someone in DC freaking gets it.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Re: The Threat to National Security That Hardly Anyone Is Watching
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:26:50 pm »
Who is the author?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:39:17 pm »
Who is the author?

Andy Biggs, rep for Arizona's 5th.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:41:40 pm »
Andy Biggs, rep for Arizona's 5th.

Thx

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:44 pm »
The love of spending is the reason that besides their rhetoric there's very little difference between the parties.