Author Topic: Suspected Walmart robber tries to carjack two different cars, both drivers pull out guns  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WSVN) — Police say a man who tried to carjack two people was thwarted after the victims both pulled out guns to protect themselves.

According to Fox 30, Jacksonville police officers arrested 36-year-old Christopher Raymond Hill, charging him with strong-arm robbery, carjacking with firearm or deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and trespassing.

Detectives said the incident began when Hill robbed a Walmart liquor store, and attempted to flee in a silver Ford SUV. However, witnesses said the vehicle would not start, so he first tried to carjack Scott Reardean at knifepoint, cutting him on his arms and legs.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/suspected-walmart-robber-tries-to-carjack-two-different-cars-both-drivers-pull-out-guns/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
An armed society is a ...less carjacked society.

Offline Frank Cannon

and attempted to flee in a silver Ford SUV. However, witnesses said the vehicle would not start

If you are going to do a robbery, never use a Ford as your get away car.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
and attempted to flee in a silver Ford SUV. However, witnesses said the vehicle would not start

Heck a Chevy wont even get you to the liquor store

If you are going to do a robbery, never use a Ford as your get away car.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Hmmmm.  I guess they forgot rule no. 1:

Never pull out a gun unless you plan to be pulling the trigger.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

from the article:

“These guys can talk about banning assault rifles and banning guns, but when it comes and happens to them, they’re going to wish they had one,” Reardean told the station.

Yep

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Too bad that law abiding citizens with guns never stop violent crimes. /s
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

Hmmmm.  I guess they forgot rule no. 1:

Never pull out a gun unless you plan to be pulling the trigger.

Only thing I can think is hopefully the victims were very aware of their surroundings and feared they may hit an innocent passerby, especially the guy that got cut.

Offline thackney

It seems appropriate to include in this thread:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/2018/04/30/that-time-the-cdc-asked-about-defensive-gun-uses/#13887237299a

...a 2013 study ordered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and conducted by The National Academies’ Institute of Medicine and National Research Council reported that, “Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence”:

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008....

...Extrapolated to the U.S. as a whole CDC’s survey data imply that defensive uses of guns by crime victims are far more common than offensive uses by criminals. CDC has never reported these results....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

Only thing I can think is hopefully the victims were very aware of their surroundings and feared they may hit an innocent passerby, especially the guy that got cut.

Shooting people is a hassle. Cops get involved. Guns confiscated. Doesn't matter if it is a clean kill or not, you will need a lawyer. Better if you can just scare the little shit away without shooting.

Offline RoosGirl

Shooting people is a hassle. Cops get involved. Guns confiscated. Doesn't matter if it is a clean kill or not, you will need a lawyer. Better if you can just scare the little shit away without shooting.

Yeah, but seems like a different matter if the little shit is cutting you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
charging him with strong-arm robbery

Cuz that regular armed robbery is for wimps.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

Sometimes, it's just not your day.

Offline goatprairie

That is the thing....whenever some nut goes off and kills innocent people with a gun, the lib media goes berserk.
Virtually never mentioned is the hundreds of thousands of times people use guns for self defense.

Offline Suppressed

Suspected Walmart robber tries to carjack two different cars, both drivers pull out guns
June 12, 2018
https://wsvn.com/news/local/suspected-walmart-robber-tries-to-carjack-two-different-cars-both-drivers-pull-out-guns/

Photo: Jacksonville Sheriff's Office
Johari Canty

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WSVN) — Police say a man who tried to carjack two people was thwarted after the victims both pulled out guns to protect themselves.

According to Fox 30, Jacksonville police officers arrested 36-year-old Christopher Raymond Hill, charging him with strong-arm robbery, carjacking with firearm or deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and trespassing.

Detectives said the incident began when Hill robbed a Walmart liquor store, and attempted to flee in a silver Ford SUV. However, witnesses said the vehicle would not start, so he first tried to carjack Scott Reardean at knifepoint, cutting him on his arms and legs.

“I reached in between my glove box and my console, between my seats, reached down and got my weapon and brandished it for him,” Reardean told WJXT. “He was like, ‘Don’t shoot me.’ I was like, ‘Then get out of here.’”

Hill then jumped into the passenger seat of a woman’s car in a Starbucks drive-thru. Police said the woman got out of her car and grabbed a pistol from her trunk, pointing it at Hill until he ran off.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Drive a Ford. Go to jail. Always use a car that runs as a get away car.

Offline threadbender

We had an attempted car-jacking in our little town a few weeks ago. 18 year old kid, in the car he got for a graduation gift. Guess Lavander and Niyoktron needed to get back home so the two thugs drew a gun on him and he hit the gas. They shot him but, he was able to call 911 and get to the local PD. They hid with a girlfriend. The young man survived. I wonder if he had had a gun if he would have shot them or done exactly what he did?
Oh, and thanks to surveillance and some witnesses, they were caught, hiding out in an apartment about 3 blocks from where they tried to kill the kid. The whole story was scary as it was happening and fascinating afterwards. Sleepy little towns are not so bad. Although, according to some comments on FB, we are very racist cuz of the $100K cash bond.
This was not either one's first rodeo, either. The kid made it to graduation too!!!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
We had an attempted car-jacking in our little town a few weeks ago. 18 year old kid, in the car he got for a graduation gift. Guess Lavander and Niyoktron needed to get back home so the two thugs drew a gun on him and he hit the gas. They shot him but, he was able to call 911 and get to the local PD. They hid with a girlfriend. The young man survived. I wonder if he had had a gun if he would have shot them or done exactly what he did?
Oh, and thanks to surveillance and some witnesses, they were caught, hiding out in an apartment about 3 blocks from where they tried to kill the kid. The whole story was scary as it was happening and fascinating afterwards. Sleepy little towns are not so bad. Although, according to some comments on FB, we are very racist cuz of the $100K cash bond.
This was not either one's first rodeo, either. The kid made it to graduation too!!!

@threadbender

Cool story, glad the kid lived, I worry about my kid around the same age not being able to defend himself lawfully. I tell him anytime he feels he needs to carry a gun, go ahead and do it. No jury around here would convict him for defending himself.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline MOD4

Threads merged.

Offline threadbender

@threadbender

Cool story, glad the kid lived, I worry about my kid around the same age not being able to defend himself lawfully. I tell him anytime he feels he needs to carry a gun, go ahead and do it. No jury around here would convict him for defending himself.

I don't think they would here, either. The whole community was outraged that it happened here in our quiet downtown. We have had issues near the freeway but not in that area. It happened the criminals were with a girl here. She lost her apartment for harboring, not charged, but the landlord kicked her out immediately. There are enough issues with drugs and so on, without encouraging the more violent ones to come here.
Lots of CCWs here. Better to be prepared than sorry.

Offline thackney

That is the thing....whenever some nut goes off and kills innocent people with a gun, the lib media goes berserk.
Virtually never mentioned is the hundreds of thousands of times people use guns for self defense.

Millions per year, according to the CDC.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,320174.msg1711021.html#msg1711021
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Drive a Ford. Go to jail. Always use a car that runs as a get away car.

@Frank Cannon
I've heard that people who engage in the chevy vs ford nonsense are compensating for something small.  Is that true?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
I've heard that people who engage in the chevy vs ford nonsense are compensating for something small.  Is that true?

Who told you that? Your Ford dealer?

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn