Author Topic: Trump to receive briefing on inspector general’s Clinton email report before it goes public  (Read 616 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Washington Post ›
Trump to receive briefing on inspector general’s Clinton email report before it goes public
June 12, 2018

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein is expected to brief President Trump on Thursday about the inspector general report on law enforcement’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe before it is released to the public, people familiar with the matter said.

Capitol Hill staffers were told Tuesday that scheduling and logistical conflicts would make it necessary for the Justice Department to shift its planned Thursday morning briefing to the afternoon, according to people familiar with the congressional plans. The scheduling change was apparently made to accommodate the White House, though staffers were not told the precise reason, the people said. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk freely about schedules that were potentially still in flux.

The president “is really anxious to see the report,” said a person familiar with the planned Thursday briefing for Trump, which is expected to take place around the same time that lawmakers are informed of the inspector general’s findings. White House lawyer Emmet Flood is also expected to be present for the briefing, but Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, is not, the person said.

more
https://outline.com/X4Bte
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have a feeling this is going to be a big dud and I and a lot of people will be really upset... :smokin:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have a feeling this is going to be a big dud and I and a lot of people will be really upset... :smokin:

Can the President unredact the redactions?   :pondering:

@mystery-ak

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can the President unredact the redactions?   :pondering:

@mystery-ak

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm not @mystery-ak but the answer to your question is yes.  The president has the power to declassify and orderthe immediate release of all of it and I strongly suspect that’s the only way we willever know the truth.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Right_in_Virginia

I'm not @mystery-ak but the answer to your question is yes.  The president has the power to declassify and orderthe immediate release of all of it and I strongly suspect that’s the only way we willever know the truth.

What Bigun said...
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I agree @Bigun  Thanks .. I wasn't sure he'd be authorized to do this.