Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: Trump has accomplished more than Clinton, Bush, and Obama combined - this is just the  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich: Trump has accomplished more than Clinton, Bush, and Obama combined - this is just the beginning

By Newt Gingrich | Fox News

With his historic summit Tuesday with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, President Trump has once again done something astounding and unpredictable.

Yet, the surprise over the sudden summit should not have come as a surprise at all. By now we should be used to President Trump surprising us. Consider his record over the last four years.

Four years ago, in June 2014, almost no one would have dreamed Donald J. Trump would be a serious candidate for president. Then, nearly three years ago, when he announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015, almost no one thought he could be a dominant candidate.

In fact, my own conversion to Trump as a very real contender only occurred after his July 11, 2015 rally in Phoenix, which led my former colleague, Vince Haley, to come in the office and say: “You had better watch what Trump is doing because his Phoenix rally was emotionally powerful when he turned the microphone over to the father whose child had been killed by an illegal immigrant.”

more
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/12/newt-gingrich-trump-has-accomplished-more-than-clinton-bush-and-obama-combined-this-is-just-beginning.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Offline goatprairie

Well, it's a little early, but  so far I support Trump. The ball is in N.Korea's court where they've reneged on promises in the past.
We'll see what Rocket Man wants to do...or how much power he really has.

Offline jpsb

Well, it's a little early, but  so far I support Trump. The ball is in N.Korea's court where they've reneged on promises in the past.

Agreed, but the summit was a good first step. At least we (USA, NK) are no longer talking Thermal
Nuclear War (TNW).  I remember the NTers complaining that Trump was going to get us in a TNW
and now they are complaining about Trump not getting us into one.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

One thing this meeting accomplished is to strengthen Trump's hand if NK goes back on these promises.  He can truthfully say to the country and the world that he went the extra mile to try to work out something with North Korea, that he tried treating them with respect, and they just lied/cheated/refused to follow through.  I think that will make it easier for him to rally support for even more severe actions.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well what do you know?  I actually agree with Newt for the first time in a long time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
One thing this meeting accomplished is to strengthen Trump's hand if NK goes back on these promises.  He can truthfully say to the country and the world that he went the extra mile to try to work out something with North Korea, that he tried treating them with respect, and they just lied/cheated/refused to follow through.  I think that will make it easier for him to rally support for even more severe actions.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Excellent point.   :thumbsup:

Offline goodwithagun

:amen:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Newt Gingrich: Trump has accomplished more than Clinton, Bush, and Obama combined

Is that really saying much?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Newt Gingrich: Trump has accomplished more than Clinton, Bush, and Obama combined

Is that really saying much?

Nope!  Not at all.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Agreed, but the summit was a good first step. At least we (USA, NK) are no longer talking Thermal
Nuclear War (TNW).  I remember the NTers complaining that Trump was going to get us in a TNW
and now they are complaining about Trump not getting us into one.

I generally agree with both of these sentiments. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I guess I'd generally agree with Newt, especially on Clinton and Obama.

Even so, though Trump makes headway it's often a very rough rough ride and definitely not pretty. Ronald Reagan he is not.

In the wash, I guess I'll take rough-as-a-cob but going in the right general direction, rather than a Mitch McConnell stab in the back.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

I’m the last person you’d want to give an unbiased opinion on this subject, but Newt Gingrich is a crazy smart historian and political observer and I think he’s right about this. Donald Trump’s unconventional presidency is pulling down some notable results that republicans and conservatives used to champion until, well, you know, Trump.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:03:06 pm by aligncare »