Author Topic: A third party trying to crash the Beto O’Rourke and Ted Cruz race is actually a for-profit corporati  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Launched in March, the party bills itself as a movement aimed at toppling the two-party system controlling state politics, but it's a for-profit company that got millions in start-up dollars from investors. Will its founder-turned-candidate get enough signatures to get on the ballot with Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke?

by Jay Root June 13, 2018 12 AM

Indie Party candidate Jonathan Jenkins hopes to get on the ballot for the U.S. Senate against Democrat Beto O'Rourke and Republican incumbent Ted Cruz.

* Editor's note: This story has been updated with a comment from the Jenkins campaign responding to a GOP complaint.

It’s got a high-tech evangelist for a founder, $6 million in private equity investments, even its own crypto-currency.

No, it’s not a driverless car start-up or some new, life-changing app....

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/13/indie-party-trying-crash-texas-us-senate-race-ted-cruz-beto-orourke/

Odd story.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Odd story.
Is the article saying Jenkins is an evangelist?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Is the article saying Jenkins is an evangelist?

A "high tech evangelist".

Offline goodwithagun

I’ve heard of high tech redneck but not this.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I never heard the term applied to someone not in a religion of some sort.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington