Author Topic: Trump's Big North Korean Moment Is Either A Masterstroke Or A Horrible Debacle. There's No In-Betwee  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Ben is the guy who quit Breitbart because, as he said (paraphrasing) the Michelle Fields incident was the straw that broke the camel's back after watching Steve Bannon allow the site to become a Trump propaganda outlet.  We could get into the merits of defending that idiot loser Corey Lewandoski, but I'll pass on the hijack.

Here's the problem with that spin. Later videos showed that Lewandowski was right and nothing happened. Michelle Fields was a liar and Ben never apologized about being wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/authorities-drop-battery-charges-against-trump-campaign-manager-corey-lewandowski-n556051

! No longer available

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I read the article, and I didn't see what happened that constitutes a "horrible debacle".  If it doesn't work, we're right back where we were 3 months ago...how is that a "horrible debacle"?

I think Byron York's piece was much, much better.  Basically, Trump is trying a different approach.  It may work, it may not, but it's worth giving it a shot since we haven't yet given up anything of real value.

Offline jpsb

Exactly what is a neocon to you, jpsb?

@CatherineofAragon

George W Bush is the gold standard for a neocon. A liberal warmonger.

Neocons invaded that GOP back in the 60s, 70s and 80s. They left the Rat party for the GOP
because the Rat party was the "peace party" under McGovern. They took over the GOP with W and
set the middle east and north Africa on fire. Thanks goodness the paleocons are back in power. We still have a lot of Bush republicans in elected office but their numbers are fading. Trump is
remaking the GOP into a much better party.

Ben, IIRC, was a big cheer leader for the war with Iraq. That makes him a neocon in my eyes.

Thermonuclear thanks for the correction.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:52:16 pm by jpsb »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Spapiro, Goldberg are interchangeable with a lot of Op-Edy types, for writing "On the One Hand; On the Other."

I would pay more attention to Pat Buchanan.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:01:28 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I read the article, and I didn't see what happened that constitutes a "horrible debacle".  If it doesn't work, we're right back where we were 3 months ago...how is that a "horrible debacle"?

I think Byron York's piece was much, much better.  Basically, Trump is trying a different approach.  It may work, it may not, but it's worth giving it a shot since we haven't yet given up anything of real value.

@Maj. Bill Martin he didn't say it was a debacle.  What Shapiro was saying is that it's still up in the air how this will turn out.  There's a 50-50 chance it will go either way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Spapiro, Goldberg are interchangeable with a lot of Op-Edy types, for writing "One the One Hand; On the Othe."

You put more stock in an isolationist anti Semite?

Interesting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin he didn't say it was a debacle.  What Shapiro was saying is that it's still up in the air how this will turn out.  There's a 50-50 chance it will go either way.

And what I'm saying is that he didn't offer any scenario explaining why failure had to mean "horrible debacle."  He didn't say "if this doesn't work...." and then explain what that "horrible debacle" would be.  He didn't explain why there was no "middle ground", or why "resume hard-line approach" wasn't just as likely an outcome of failure.

This seems far more like "no harm in trying" to me, and he didn't even attempt to make the case as to why that wasn't true.

Offline Frank Cannon

Spapiro, Goldberg are interchangeable with a lot of Op-Edy types, for writing "One the One Hand; On the Othe."

Tell me about it. Goldberg is a Class A loser. He spun off the rails that the NORK flag was next to ours at the summit. It's some of the most absurd Beltway bullshit over this meeting to date.

Silver Pines

@truth_seeker

Lol, so their fairness and willing to judge Trump case by case is a losing deal for you.

Okay.

Offline GrouchoTex

I'll read Shapiro and Goldberg a lot sooner than I will Brietbart.

I used to like reading all 3, but Bannon had an agenda, and it just wasn't the same anymore.

Shapiro and Goldberg get it from both sides, AT's after him when they criticize and NT's after him when they praise.
They can't win for losing.

Neo-Cons?
I just don't see it, unless the meaning of Neo-con has changed over the years.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And what I'm saying is that he didn't offer any scenario explaining why failure had to mean "horrible debacle."  He didn't say "if this doesn't work...." and then explain what that "horrible debacle" would be.  He didn't explain why there was no "middle ground", or why "resume hard-line approach" wasn't just as likely an outcome of failure.

This seems far more like "no harm in trying" to me, and he didn't even attempt to make the case as to why that wasn't true.

Is it still "no harm in trying" now that Trump is saying he's willing to overlook Kim's human rights abuses in the quest for denuclearization?

Oceander

Is it still "no harm in trying" now that Trump is saying he's willing to overlook Kim's human rights abuses in the quest for denuclearization?

Yes.