Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 34330 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2018, 01:13:28 pm »
Its a very positive step towards peace.

Damned right it is and I don't care what the nay sayers say about it
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2018, 01:13:59 pm »

How about they give up their nuclear program and we don't throw our Allies (South Korea and Japan) under the bus.

@kevindavis
De-nuclearization is one of the 4 items on the agreement they signed.  At this point what else could they have done?

As for SK and Japan, seems to me an end to the war and and end to NKs nuke program is very very good for both countries.

This is the closest anyone has been to ending the Korean war and moving forward with stabilizing the region since 1953.  Yet you still want to do nothing but bitch and moan about Trump.   Its unbelievable
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 01:15:42 pm »
@kevindavis
De-nuclearization is one of the 4 items on the agreement they signed.  At this point what else could they have done?

As for SK and Japan, seems to me an end to the war and and end to NKs nuke program is very very good for both countries.

This is the closest anyone has been to ending the Korean war and moving forward with stabilizing the region since 1953.  Yet you still want to do nothing but bitch and moan about Trump.   Its unbelievable

So, what concrete verifiable steps did NK agree to take toward permanent denuclearization?  What time frame did they agree to?  What penalties did they agree to if they fail to carry through on concrete verifiable terms?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2018, 01:17:30 pm »
So what concrete, verifiable actions were taken?  What did NK agree to do in concrete, verifiable terms?

@Oceander
Did you finish law school in a day?  Or did it take about 8 years?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2018, 01:19:03 pm »
This coming off your two-year long prediction streak being 100 percent wrong about Donald Trump.

Yeah, my biggest prediction is that he’s duplicitous and can’t be believed or trusted.  Pick an issue and you’ll find a history of him being on every side of it.  Boy, do I feel terrible about that one.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:21:21 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2018, 01:19:11 pm »
So, what concrete verifiable steps did NK agree to take toward permanent denuclearization?  What time frame did they agree to?  What penalties did they agree to if they fail to carry through on concrete verifiable terms?

@Oceander
Trump said they don't get anything until its done.  All thats been discussed is a lifting of the sanctions once its been verified.

You seem to want the entire novel War and Peace whittled down to a 4 bullet Cliff Notes.   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2018, 01:19:45 pm »

Boy, this sure sounds familiar.

October 24, 2000

Only a few months ago, communist North Korea's missile programme and alleged nuclear weapons ambitions were being cited as the prime justification for the US embarking on a hugely expensive and controversial anti-missile defence system.

Now, Mr Albright is clinking glasses with Kim Jong-il and applauding a mass performance of synchronised praise for the Dear Leader, as he is officially called.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/988725.stm

At least we still have the great visuals.

It sounds familiar only in being another anti-Trump post; if a solid agreement was worked out that would never falter, we would still have the detractors who would be sure, Kim is hiding nukes or find some sort of other failure.

Oceander

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2018, 01:19:59 pm »
@Oceander
Did you finish law school in a day?  Or did it take about 8 years?

In other words, nothing.

To extend your metaphor: I also didn’t strut around pronouncing myself valedictorian after the first day of 1L, unlike the Trumpalos here.

Oceander

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2018, 01:21:27 pm »
@Oceander
Trump said they don't get anything until its done.  All thats been discussed is a lifting of the sanctions once its been verified.

You seem to want the entire novel War and Peace whittled down to a 4 bullet Cliff Notes.   

In other words, nothing.  So this is just as I summarized earlier: diplomatic kabuki theater.  Whether it leads to anything subsequent is anybody’s guess, but it does not justify the victory laps being taken by the Trumpalos here.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
In other words, nothing.

To extend your metaphor: I also didn’t strut around pronouncing myself valedictorian after the first day of 1L, unlike the Trumpalos here.

@Oceander
Would you be so kind as to point out who is doing that?   

Nobody is,  people are just happy to see progress and an alternative to nuclear holocaust.   

Oceander

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2018, 01:23:57 pm »
@Oceander
Would you be so kind as to point out who is doing that?   

Nobody is,  people are just happy to see progress and an alternative to nuclear holocaust.   

Because there is no progress here.  You are as guilty as the rest by claiming there is.  The only victory here belongs to Kim, who finally got something his father and grandfather desperately wanted and never got: a one-on-one meeting between NK and the US without any of the other parties, including SK, present. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2018, 01:24:32 pm »
@kevindavis

@driftdriver

You give anything to a Communist Country that weakens this country or OUR ALLIES!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2018, 01:25:07 pm »
It sounds familiar only in being another anti-Trump post; if a solid agreement was worked out that would never falter, we would still have the detractors who would be sure, Kim is hiding nukes or find some sort of other failure.

Some of us actually remember signed, ratified treaties between the USSR and USA the Soviets routinely violated.  Somehow, the Norks will be different, though - right?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2018, 01:26:20 pm »
@LauraTXNM
The South Koreans aren't happy because the US excluded them from this meeting.   Based on their news reports they are quite happy with the outcome of the meeting though.

They are meeting separately. The North sees the South as a duped tool of the US, held hostage by us. It will be interesting to see how the North's media handles this whole thing. They will have to walk back decades of propaganda. I wonder if they will play this as Kim over-powering the dull-witted President of the US.
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2018, 01:26:21 pm »

Some of us actually remember signed, ratified treaties between the USSR and USA the Soviets routinely violated.  Somehow, the Norks will be different, though - right?

Of course, a vague promise that denuclearization would be nice is as good as having the missiles and warheads on the dismantling table, so long as Trump got the promise. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2018, 01:28:07 pm »

@driftdriver

You give anything to a Communist Country that weakens this country or OUR ALLIES!!!

@kevindavis
The NK haven't been given anything.    I don't see you protesting China?  In fact you seem to support 'free trade' which involves sending jobs to that communist nation.

but perhaps you'd prefer nuclear explosions over Seattle.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2018, 01:28:31 pm »
Because there is no progress here.  You are as guilty as the rest by claiming there is.  The only victory here belongs to Kim, who finally got something his father and grandfather desperately wanted and never got: a one-on-one meeting between NK and the US without any of the other parties, including SK, present.

@Oceander

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2018, 01:28:46 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: 'I do trust him': Trump opens up about Kim after historic summit
https://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-trust-trump-opens-kim-historic-summit/story?id=55815265

'They have great beaches!' Trump included image of MIAMI when he showed Kim video about North Korea's future – as he said dictator could develop condos or hotels if he keeps nuke promises and sanctions come off
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5834437/They-great-beaches-Trump-showed-Kim-iPad-video-North-Koreas-future.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2018, 01:29:42 pm »
@Oceander

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Thanks for proving that you worship Trump in place of God.  It’s pretty clear that in your pantheon, God and Jesus rank a distant second to Trump.

Offline thackney

« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2018, 01:29:53 pm »

In business law, do letter of intents have any meaning at all?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:30 pm »

@McFaul
How can Trump establish an excellent relationship with a North Korean dictator in 45 minutes, but can't establish working relationships with our longstanding democratic allies after 18 months?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:55 pm »
The North has to drop their nuclear program. It represents a threat to China. They have no choice. Plus I believe they did it as a proxy for Iran.
The North needs food. If we can get North Koreans eating again, Kim can take credit for it. In return, everyone in that region quits worrying about North Korea and they may see some investment.
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:58 pm »
In business law, do letter of intents have any meaning at all?

Not if they don’t have any concrete terms that can be enforced.  Where are the enforceable obligations in this “letter of intent”?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2018, 01:31:00 pm »
Of course, a vague promise that denuclearization would be nice is as good as having the missiles and warheads on the dismantling table, so long as Trump got the promise.

I'll bet you've got Robert DiNiro on an infinite loop.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2018, 01:31:39 pm »
They are meeting separately. The North sees the South as a duped tool of the US, held hostage by us. It will be interesting to see how the North's media handles this whole thing. They will have to walk back decades of propaganda. I wonder if they will play this as Kim over-powering the dull-witted President of the US.

@Restored
South Korean news showed video of the SK president and Kim speaking.   Kims question to the SK president was how can he know he can trust the US to do what we say we will do.

I think NK is bankrupt and Kim knows he has to do something or he will end up on the wrong end of a mortar or VX nerve agent.