Author Topic: Bigger game than North Korean  (Read 690 times)

Offline endicom

Bigger game than North Korean
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:42 pm »
Don Surber
June 11, 2018

President Donald Trump's Singapore thing with Kim Jong Un is a nice piece of a larger puzzle. Certainly the Korean peninsula is in a strategic location bordering China and within missile range of Russia and Japan. But as historic as ending the Korean War would be, President Trump has a larger game plan.

On Saturday, he brushed aside the G7 as irrelevant, and it is with its nonsense about climate change and gender equality. Japan's Prime Minister Shinzō Abe is a stand-up guy, and maybe the new guy in Italy is too. But the others are two teenage boys and their shrewish mothers. You used the wrong pronoun, Mister President.

President Trump physically and symbolically left the G7 behind to talk to Kim. President Trump's actions raised eyebrows -- and they fell off.

More... http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/06/bigger-game-than-north-korean.html

Offline endicom

Re: Bigger game than North Korean
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:55 pm »

He's right in that strategy must not be piecemeal but within a global plan.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:08:54 pm »
He's right in that strategy must not be piecemeal but within a global plan.

From 2013-
I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability. - Donald Trump to CNN

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 02:53:21 am »
From 2013-
I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability. - Donald Trump to CNN

Shhhh...you're not supposed to notice that.  Or remember it.  Or you're supposed to say, "That was then; this is now."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn