Author Topic: Fox News star Charles Krauthammer reveals he has weeks to live in heartbreaking letter  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I am genuinely grieving over this news.

Me, too. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

He’d never do it publicly, for ethical reasons, but I always wondered, given his psychology background, what his opinions of Obama an Trump were.
@edpc
I give a kind of thumbnail of both here.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

BassWrangler

So sad. Truly a wonderful man. My prayers will be for his family through this difficult time.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
God Bless Charles Krauthammer, I enjoyed his view and have missed him during his sick time and I am saddened to hear this.

Nonetheless, I think I disagree with some of the views he has expressed but we all have a right to our opinion.  I believe he has been quite the neo-con and Bush backer, said Jeb won one of the debates, maybe Jeb did and then, with the liberation of Iraq.

2003:

The Bush Doctrine

Charles Krauthammer

...And the Soviet Union died in its sleep, and with it the last great existential threat to America, the West, and the liberal idea.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/charles-krauthammer/the-bush-doctrine-1776

Ever hear of radical Islam?

And here, just a year ago, he was speaking about the situation of an infant, Charlie Gard,  caught up in the health system in the UK.

Charles Krauthammer Under Fire for Calling Efforts to Save Charlie Gard a “Cruel Hoax”
National   Micaiah Bilger   Jul 11, 2017   |   3:57PM    Washington, DC
 http://www.lifenews.com/2017/07/11/charles-krauthammer-under-fire-for-calling-efforts-to-save-charlie-gard-a-cruel-hoax/

And one can hear about Krauthammer's views, I definitely think at times, he was pro-life, called Roe v. Wade an abomination. Yes, that news website above, Life News seems to say he wasn't. Maybe his views were not uniform.

Offline Applewood

@TomSea

The Weekly Standard article regarding the Bush Doctrine was written in June, 2001 -- obviously, before the tragic events of 9/11.  I'd say the vast majority of people, including most of us, were unaware of the threat of radical Islam back then. 

I have read that it's not easy to label Dr. Krauthammer as to his political views and I believe it to be true.  Seems to me he could be conservative or libertarian or maybe even a tad liberal on each individual issue.  One could not just say, oh he's a conservative, or oh, he's pro-life exclusively and consistently, and that's that.  He looks at each matter carefully, intelligently and calmly, without rancor, and then renders an opinion.  I like that about him. 

Agree or disagree with him, I could always admire and respect Dr. Krauthammer and his views.  I couldn't say that about most of the rest of the talking heads out there.