Author Topic: One U.S. soldier killed in battle against militants in Somalia: US Official  (Read 364 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One U.S. soldier killed in battle against militants in Somalia: US official
Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. commando was killed and four others were wounded on Friday when they came under fire in Somalia during an operation against al-Shabaab militants, the U.S. military said.

The U.S. special operations forces were fighting alongside about 800 troops from the Somali National Security Forces and Kenyan Defense Forces when they were attacked about 2:45 p.m. by mortars and small arms fire.

One local soldier was also wounded in the attack, the U.S. military said in a statement, without clarifying whether that fighter was part of the Somali or Kenyan armed forces.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-somalia-causualties/one-u-s-soldier-killed-in-battle-against-militants-in-somalia-u-s-official-idUSKCN1J42RT

Quite a tragedy, a godforsaken country. I know, we are probably there, to fight mainly for the "free" country of Kenya.  You would think superior firepower would overpower the likes of all Shabaab.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:28:31 am by TomSea »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
When it comes to shithole countries in this world, Somalia is king of the shit.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Yet another shithole country we have no business being in.