Author Topic: Walmart’s new wines promise a taste of the world at down-to-earth prices  (Read 519 times)

Offline endicom

Market Watch
Tonya Garcia
June 8, 2018

Priced between $10 and $16 per bottle, the collection is meant to appeal to even the ‘novice wine drinker’

Walmart Inc. has launched Winemakers Selection, a collection of wines from around the world priced from $10 to $16 per bottle.

The wines are available in 1,100 stores. “And each wine label is designed to make it easy for even the novice wine drinker to make the perfect selection with ease,” the company wrote in a description of the new line.

Winemakers Selection includes the Giovanni Da Verrazzano Chianti Classico from the Tuscany region of Italy, for nearly $12; the Grenache Minervois Languedoc from the south of France for nearly $11; a French sparkling rosé for nearly $15; and a cabernet sauvignon from California, also around $12.

More... https://www.marketwatch.com/story/walmarts-new-wines-promise-a-taste-of-the-world-at-down-to-earth-prices-2018-06-08

Online dfwgator

"Sparking Muskatelle...one of the finest wines of Idaho...would you like to smell the bottle cap?"

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What?  No Two-Buck Chuck type selections for the discerning vinophile? Sacrilege.  Who do these Walmart wine snobs think they are.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

Who do these Walmart wine snobs think they are.

People who know that virtually no one passes blind tests.