Author Topic: Air Force grounds B-1 bombers due to safety concerns  (Read 270 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Air Force grounds B-1 bombers due to safety concerns
« on: June 08, 2018, 05:06:44 pm »
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/8/air-force-grounds-b-1-bombers-due-safety-concerns-/

The Air Force has grounded its entire fleet of B-1B Lancer bombers due to safety concerns, military officials said Friday, putting out of service a key part of U.S. long-range bombing capabilities that had recently taken part in air strikes in Syria.

In a statement Friday, the Air Force said it issued the order Thursday following an incident in Texas.

“During the safety investigation process following an emergency landing of a B-1B in Midland, Texas, an issue with ejection seat components was discovered that necessitated the stand-down. As issues are resolved aircraft will return to flight,” Air Force Global Strike Command said in a statement.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Air Force grounds B-1 bombers due to safety concerns
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 05:08:21 pm »
Confirms the earlier article that the crew tried to eject.

So what would cause a crew to try to eject but they were still able to land safely.  Did they jump the gun on ejection or were they just lucky.   Only thing i heard was some kind of engine problem as the cause.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.