Author Topic: New sand mine planned for rebounding Eagle Ford shale  (Read 973 times)

Offline thackney

New sand mine planned for rebounding Eagle Ford shale
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:10:24 pm »
New sand mine planned for rebounding Eagle Ford shale
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/New-sand-mine-planned-for-rebounding-Eagle-Ford-12940439.php
May 24, 2018

...Fort Worth-based Black Mountain Sand said it plans to construct a new sand mine south of San Antonio near the Eagle Ford to serve the growing oil and gas production in the region as crude oil prices continue to rebound.

After building two mines in the Permian, Black Mountain said it is turning its attention to the Eagle Ford. The company acquired 2,300 acres in Atascosa County with the aim of completing a mine by the end of this year that would churn out 2.2 million metric tons of sand annually. The mine would employ about 75 people....

..."With the (Eagle Ford) region currently producing approximately 12 percent of the U.S. total oil production and growing, the need for local sand has become paramount for our customers," said Rhett Bennett, founder and chief executive of Black Mountain Sand....

...The proposed mine's total sand capacity is already sold out through long-term contracts, Bennett said....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: New sand mine planned for rebounding Eagle Ford shale
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:27:04 pm »
The proposed mine's total sand capacity is already sold out through long-term contracts, Bennett said.

That's pretty impressive.  I live less than a mile from a sand mine.  It had been closed for years, but is now very active.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:52:04 pm »
To date, only a small percentage of the Eagleford's productive area has been developed.  Focus has been on the liquids-rich maturity window.

A far larger portion of the play involves gas-prone areas which are now being exploited as production rates are very impressive.  New LNG facilities near Corpus Christi to market that gas are also driving new wells.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:54:28 pm »
Welcome to $77 a barrel. https://www.bloomberg.com/energy
Countdown to Resignation

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 07:02:01 pm »
Welcome to $77 a barrel. https://www.bloomberg.com/energy
What Brent gets for its oil does not equate to what WTI gets.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington