Author Topic: Trump claims thousands had to be rescued after going 'out in their boats to watch' Hurricane Harvey  (Read 15298 times)

Offline al_c

Yeah, well you wouldn't have had to gone out and saved people if you didn't build a city in a swamp.

Ever been to Houston?
al_c

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
dd... roos is making a valid observation.  I believe it despite attempts to deflect it.  President Trump often speaks in a disjointed, simple and poorly constructed style.  It was especially so at the FEMA session.   It is plainly and honestly true.

@Lando Lincoln
Sure he does.  What I can't figure out is why people still get in a tizzy over it.

Seriously

They've found organic compounds on Mars but people would rather talk about Trump misspeaking, something he does just about every day.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Ever been to Houston?

I spent a week there one rush hour.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Ever been to Houston?

Nah.....my boats in the shop.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I spent a week there one rush hour.

Sounds more like Austin.

Offline al_c

al_c

Offline jpsb

Of course.  I like it when everyone gets along and there's peace amongst all members.

But, but but, @RoosGirl I thought you're purpose in life was to piss off @Frank Cannon at least once
a day? FYI, that is a good thing and you are very talented.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL  I wondered if anyone else that read this thread would notice that.

I noticed the number candles seemed off, but I didn't want to put my ignorance on full display (today).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

Bullshit.  Did you watch the video?  I did.  They're not disjointed quotes at all.  It's exactly what he said.  It just seems disjointed because he speaks like a fool.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/donald-trump-fema-hurricane-harvey/index.html

Trump says stupid things all the time, no big deal, since he usually gets the policy right.

Offline RoosGirl

Such B.S.! In case you missed it, Texans got out there by the 1000s to help other Texans. Louisianans pitched in as well ... and Texans returned the favor. My cousin was one 100s that used their own boats to go out daily in the Houston area helping survivors.

Yer new here ain'tcha? So I'll help you out this time.  That was sarcasm.  Everyone but you knew that, but now you do too so all is well with the world.

Offline Suppressed

In Trump’s way of speaking [. . .]

I think we should mandate the use of English in government.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

Apparently, I can't fool anyone.

"You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time. But you can't
fool all of the people all of the time."

Offline WingNot

Yer new here ain'tcha? So I'll help you out this time.  That was sarcasm.  Everyone but you knew that, but now you do too so all is well with the world.

Don't be going off on a tangent and running off the newer members.  Besides He knows sarcasm.  He laughed at my one liner.  You need to work on your delivery.  Now skedaddle .  Let the men work

Offline RoosGirl

Trump says stupid things all the time, no big deal, since he usually gets the policy right.

The problem really wasn't that he said something wrong (again). The problem was he said something wrong, we were kinda discussing what was the wrong part of it, and then big mouth tries telling us the article made it all up, things were taken out of context, sentences were added out of order, I'm picking on Trump, you name it. 

Online Lando Lincoln

Don't be going off on a tangent and running off the newer members.  Besides He knows sarcasm.  He laughed at my one liner.  You need to work on your delivery.  Now skedaddle .  Let the men work

Uh oh... 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline RoosGirl

Each
And every
Day i have to tell you the same thing.

Offline WingNot

Each
And every
Day i have to tell you the same thing.

Don't use that language around her youn lady!  Your aren't to big for me to put over my knee!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think we should mandate the use of English in government.

Can't.  Arizona tried that, and the Ninth Circus threw it out (SCOTUS refused to hear the case).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Don't use that language around her youn lady!  Your aren't to big for me to put over my knee!

Sure, if you coukd catch me, old fart.

Offline WingNot

Sure, if you coukd catch me, old fart.

I'll hop on my bike and spot you 20 yards whippersnapper.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

I'll hop on my bike and spot you 20 yards whippersnapper.

I prefer swimming. I'll even refrain from shaving my legs so I'm less aquadynamic.  :smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I prefer swimming. I'll even refrain from shaving my legs so I'm less aquadynamic.  :smokin:

:pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline al_c

Not new ... just don't spend much time here. Carry on, then.  :beer:
al_c

Offline al_c

:beer:
al_c