Author Topic: Germany targets remaining members of Hitler's roving death squads  (Read 728 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Germany targets remaining members of Hitler's roving death squads

BERLIN — German prosecutors are investigating a suspected former member of Adolf Hitler's mobile killing squads for involvement in World War II massacres carried out by the "Einsatzgruppen," part of an 11th-hour effort to bring elderly ex-Nazis to justice, The Associated Press has learned.

It's the third case to be opened in Germany recent months targeting individuals who are believed to have been part of the death squads. All three are being investigated under a new legal argument, recently upheld by the country's top criminal court, that someone who helped the Nazi killing machinery run can be convicted of accessory to mass murder, even if they can't be linked to specific deaths.

Extending the legal standard on complicity from death camp guards to the Einsatzgruppen raises the possibility of a fresh wave of investigations, said Efraim Zuroff, the head Nazi hunter at the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Jerusalem, who alerted German authorities about the new suspects.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/germany-targets-members-nazi-death-squads-blamed-1-million-deaths-n880436

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Germany targets remaining members of Hitler's roving death squads
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:30:51 am »
This sounds like a more pressing need than taking care of the roving Muslim rape squads.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:02:17 am »
This sounds like a more pressing need than taking care of the roving Muslim rape squads.

I think Nazis helped create the current problem: Europe, especially Germany, can’t have a negative view of anything for fear of their past being brought up. The rest of Europe doesn’t want to be equated with Nazism. It’s almost a sins of the father situation.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:20:55 am »
I think Nazis helped create the current problem: Europe, especially Germany, can’t have a negative view of anything for fear of their past being brought up. The rest of Europe doesn’t want to be equated with Nazism. It’s almost a sins of the father situation.

I agree.  I've never lived in Europe and I should not presume to intuit what Europeans, or Germans specifically, might think.  But my belief is they are paralyzed by a sense of inherited guilt.  I would further argue that it's a particular case of identity politics, the same sort of thing that "progressives" advocate here.
James 1:20

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 03:49:19 am »
"Einsatzgruppen", I looked this up on the web, these were some very mean, cruel people. That may be stating the obvious, but still.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 03:50:31 am »
Maybe Europe is waking up with the populist movements, at least, some parts.

It's amazing that Nazis are still being tracked down, that war ended like 75 years ago.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 03:53:50 am »
The war ended 73 years ago.  At the youngest these people would be in their late 80s, but most likely their early to mid 90s.  Seems to me like Germany has more pressing issues than finding the dozen or so that are still alive.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:54:17 am »

You got that right. Just imagine the pain that would be inflicted if this Nazi's wheelchair rolled over your toes!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 03:58:18 am »
The war ended 73 years ago.  At the youngest these people would be in their late 80s, but most likely their early to mid 90s.  Seems to me like Germany has more pressing issues than finding the dozen or so that are still alive.

Yep, but if you want to change the subject and virtue signal at the same time, this is one way to do it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 03:58:59 am »
You got that right. Just imagine the pain that would be inflicted if this Nazi's wheelchair rolled over your toes!

Heeeyy...if he's in a wheel chair, why does he need a cane?  Looks like he's sharpened the tip to a point.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 04:00:01 am »
Yep, but if you want to change the subject and virtue signal at the same time, this is one way to do it.

I hate changing the subject.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 04:03:42 am »

Heeeyy...if he's in a wheel chair, why does he need a cane?  Looks like he's sharpened the tip to a point.

Diabolical old geezer. After he debilitates you with the chair, he will finish you off with slight scratches from his cane. Good thing the Krauts are on to this.