Author Topic: American Economy Just Went Off the Charts; “Never Before in History”  (Read 9538 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Secondly, I've already explained that I am honoring the demand from ForeverTrump's® that those who were not on Trump's train from the beginning are not permitted to 'ride his coattails of victory' when good news is announced' and applaud it.

So Trump gets no public acknowledgement in the affirmative from me per request.

@Inva

Are you a man,or a 13 year old girl playing "Junior Bitch" games?

You DO know this is about America and her future,not YOU personally,right?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:29:51 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR

Are you a man,or a 13 year old girl playing "Junior Bitch" games?

That's illegal nowadays Pete.  You must use the proper gender pronoun that someone currently self-identifies as in positive affirmation or face a potential lawsuit and government mandated sensitivity training, notwithstanding the bathrooms at Target.

Just a friendly reminder of cultural policy.

That said - what is so wrong with honoring the demands of ForeverTrumps®?  I mean they are usually quite grumpy that we do not listen to them and do as they ask.  I admit it is confusing because one minute we were told Trump did not need nor want our support - then we were told we may not give public accolades because we did not earn the right to bask in victory, and the next we are excoriated for not praising Trump for all his miraculous accomplishments.

Since I disdain government to it's core anyway and consider it nothing but an evil - it's much easier to honor the request that I not cheerlead Trump because I did not 'earn the right' to do so. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Yeah, and the average between 1950 and now is 58.1%. It's a meaningless number now because we have a massive generation retiring at higher numbers by the day. That doesn't mean these people are sitting at home on welfare. It means they are retiring.

Then you agree that a 1% drop in unemployment since Trump was elected is not a big deal?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Then you agree that a 1% drop in unemployment since Trump was elected is not a big deal?

It's the most amazing thing in all human history Roos!  Never before in the recorded history of mankind has an economy gone off the charts like this, all due to the power of the breath of Trump and his divine prowess.

Acknowledge this feat and praise him damn you!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

No, because it means more people are working. The day I get cavalier about people being able to put a roof over their heads and food on their tables is the day I move to France.

Beyond all these govt' numbers, if you got out of your moms basement and looked around you can see that things are better. Out on the streets there is a feeling of prosperity that wasn't here a couple years ago.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's the most amazing thing in all human history Roos!  Never before in the recorded history of mankind has an economy gone off the charts like this, all due to the power of the breath of Trump and his divine prowess.

Acknowledge this feat and praise him damn you!

You sound like Nancy Pelosi: "It's just a thousand dollars". 

Offline Suppressed

Yeah, and the average between 1950 and now is 58.1%. It's a meaningless number now because we have a massive generation retiring at higher numbers by the day. That doesn't mean these people are sitting at home on welfare. It means they are retiring.

There are also seasonal variations.

My point is, Obama was mocked based on this number, but now the rhetoric has suddenly reversed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You sound like Nancy Pelosi: "It's just a thousand dollars".

I actually think the headline sounds more like Maxine Waters:

"The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life"

! No longer available

Offline RoosGirl

No, because it means more people are working. The day I get cavalier about people being able to put a roof over their heads and food on their tables is the day I move to France.

Beyond all these govt' numbers, if you got out of your moms basement and looked around you can see that things are better. Out on the streets there is a feeling of prosperity that wasn't here a couple years ago.

Thank you for making me clarify myself. I am not, and i don't think anyone else is, saying that a lower unemployment rate isn't a great thing. I think the issue is what comes across as a breathless headline, article and some comments here claiming that because of Trump things are off the charts fantastic. The truth is they are better, they had been getting significantly better prior to Trump's election, at least as far as the reported unemployment numbers. But, if you want to be honest about (possibly dishonest) numbers the unemployment rate had already significantly improved while Obama was still in office and there's been a 1% improvement since Trump's election.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
My point is, Obama was mocked based on this number, but now the rhetoric has suddenly reversed.

Yup.  But that notation is not welcome.

Hypocrisy only applies in one direction.

Offline Frank Cannon

Thank you for making me clarify myself. I am not, and i don't think anyone else is, saying that a lower unemployment rate isn't a great thing. I think the issue is what comes across as a breathless headline, article and some comments here claiming that because of Trump things are off the charts fantastic. The truth is they are better, they had been getting significantly better prior to Trump's election, at least as far as the reported unemployment numbers. But, if you want to be honest about (possibly dishonest) numbers the unemployment rate had already significantly improved while Obama was still in office and there's been a 1% improvement since Trump's election.

The only reason they significantly improved under Obama is because when he took office they collapsed. People were losing their homes and jumping out of buildings. You can only go up from there. Beyond that though, GDP was terrible. The growth in jobs was lackluster. Overall things were shit and that dumb bastard had 8 years to do something. There is definitely a lot more prosperity now and we are only a couple years in. 

Offline Frank Cannon

There are also seasonal variations.

Is that number getting better or worse now?

Offline RoosGirl

The only reason they significantly improved under Obama is because when he took office they collapsed. People were losing their homes and jumping out of buildings. You can only go up from there. Beyond that though, GDP was terrible. The growth in jobs was lackluster. Overall things were shit and that dumb bastard had 8 years to do something. There is definitely a lot more prosperity now and we are only a couple years in.

We don't disagree on most of that.  I don't think you can say that growth is jobs was lackluster then but it's so much better now.  I don't see much evidence that much has changed in that area since Novemner 2016.

Offline RoosGirl

Is that number getting better or worse now?

It is better by 1%
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:04:41 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline SirLinksALot

OK, whatever numbers we look at U3, U6, labor participation rate -- it looks like the trend is positive.

We at least have a basis for saying that Trump did BETTER for the economy than Obama.

It would be even better if this positive trend CONTINUES.

Offline Frank Cannon

It is better by 1%

Then it is a GD red letter day. Celebrate your ass off like there is no tomorrow.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Forget the U3 and the U6; leave that stuff to the geeks.   What's historic is that more employers are offering jobs than there are Americans willing to fill them.   That's both good news, and a warning about systemic problems we face. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:15:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

Forget the U3 and the U6; leave that stuff to the geeks.   What's historic is that more employers are offering jobs than there are Americans willing to fill them.   That's both good news, and a warning about systemic problems we face.

No one wants to hear about your imigration plan again.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Then it is a GD red letter day. Celebrate your ass off like there is no tomorrow.

There's no tomorrow?

Who the hell cancelled it???

Annie says the sun will come out tomorrow, so I don't believe your analysis of the situation is correct.

! No longer available

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking

- Charles Krauthammer

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Lando Lincoln

- Charles Krauthammer

Thank you Jazz.  I had precisely the same thought of sharing Mr. Krauthammer's quote here. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

If anyone does want to hear it, for the sake of "honest debate", one can listen to any Democrat about 'undocumented workers' and get the same damn talking points and argument.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
It is better by 1%

You can fill a tub by peeing in it.  It just takes a while.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."