Author Topic: Rush: The Oprah: Until I Had My TV Show I Thought All White People Were Like Leave It to Beaver  (Read 896 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Oprah: Until I Had My TV Show I Thought All White People Were Like Leave It to Beaver

Jun 5, 2018

RUSH: You want to hear something odd, grab audio sound bite No. 23. On CBS This Morning, Co-Host Norah O’Donnell is speaking with The Oprah, well-known media mogul, about the impact The Oprah’s television show had on America. Question: “I think you captured people’s minds by talking about issues that people weren’t talking about on television — race and sexual abuse.”

Now, before we play the answer here, the idea that we weren’t talking about before The Oprah came along? They still say that to this day. How many times you hear Eric Holder? “You don’t have the guts to have a conversation about race,” he said. Whereas it seems to me that’s all this country does talk about. We’re talking about race all the time. We can’t get away from it, and reason we can’t get away from it because the American left won’t let anybody get away from it!

But all that aside, here is the answer from that, here’s the answer from media mogul The Oprah.

O’DONNELL: (crosstalk)

WINFREY: The first time we did a show on alcoholism and there was a family of five and I was like, “Oh, my God. I didn’t know that white people had dysfunction,” because I grew up thinking that all white people were like, uhhh, Leave It To Beaver. And so the first time I started having conversations with people with real dysfunctions, with real family issues from all parts of the country, it was a revelation to me.

RUSH: She “grew up thinking that all white people were like Leave It To Beaver.” I’ve never heard her say that before. Have you? So I don’t know. She “grew up thinking all white people were like Leave It To Beaver.” Can you imagine if Roseanne went on this show and said something like that about (laughing) take your pick of anybody?

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/06/05/the-oprah-until-i-had-my-tv-show-i-thought-all-white-people-were-like-leave-it-to-beaver/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Looks like we've been giving Oprah far too much credit for having brains.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks like we've been giving Oprah far too much credit for having brains.

"We?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The Oprah: Until I Had My TV Show I Thought All White People Were Like Leave It to Beaver

WINFREY: The first time we did a show on alcoholism and there was a family of five and I was like, “Oh, my God. I didn’t know that white people had dysfunction,” because I grew up thinking that all white people were like, uhhh, Leave It To Beaver. And so the first time I started having conversations with people with real dysfunctions, with real family issues from all parts of the country, it was a revelation to me.

Oprah began her career as a local television reporter on the CBS affiliate station WTVF (perhaps when they still used their older call letters WLAC) in Nashville, TN, where I grew up.  She was hired and mentored by that station's long time news anchor Chris Clark.  There was, and is, no shortage of white alcoholics in Nashville, I am descended from some of them and related to many more.  The assertion that she didn't know white people could have dysfunctions until she hosted her talk show is simply not credible.
James 1:20

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I saw The Color Purple....well part of it.   Okay a preview of it.  Until then I thought all blak folk was poor and never amounted to nuffin cuz whity is bad.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."